|Job Ref:||204678514||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
IT Infrastructure Design Analyst|
Undertakes research and analysis to inform the IT Infrastructure strategy for various components/platforms of the IT estate. Documents the design standards and ensures compliance. Works closely with the change delivery and project management teams to ensure the strategies and standards are fully understood and compliant.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Interfaces with the business domains to define solution design standards.
• Working closely with the application architectures and solutions designers, defines infrastructure strategy and design standards for individual components..
• Develops the Infrastructure high-level design and strategy to align to the Business Domain requirements and business transformation roadmap.
• Acts as the Technical design authority for infrastructure related projects and is responsibility for scoping and designing IT solutions based on an approved Business Services Catalogue and Technology Architecture.
• Produce the design documents for the Project Delivery teams aligned to the defined standards.
• Aligns to the project deliver teams to produce design documentation for delivery of services and technology solutions.
• Undertakes detailed research and analysis to recommend a future proofed approach to IT infrastructure strategy and design, making best use of upcoming technologies.
Skills, know-how and experience
A proven track record of designing solutions for complex enterprise wide environments
• Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude.
• Demonstrates the behavioural and solution management competency levels required for the role
• Awareness of IT design processes, principles and governance
• Demonstrates Up-to-date knowledge regarding industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations and how these can be applied to the organisation.
Key performance indicators
• Future technologies are positioned for appropriate introduction for the right future solutions.
• Technology solutions delivered are compliant to the design standards and strategies.
• Design and solutions standards are fully understood across the IT development and delivery areas.
Technical / professional qualifications:
• Experienced in the application of one or more architecture frameworks & development methods such as TOGAF
• ITIL preferred