|Job Ref:||204678437||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£29/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Ensure that the client has a technology architecture that is ready to realise the client's immediate business ambitions, and that will be evolved to expand its longer-term ambitions.
Provide a bridge between business and technology subject matter experts to encourage joint innovation wherein business strategy and technology architecture become strongly aligned.
As well as working with experts within the client, make good use of expertise shared with other public bodies, commercial partners and professional networks. Transform this expert understanding into written and oral communications that are clear enough to support good decision-making by audiences with varying interests and expertise. Address key business technology opportunities and threats in terms of their costs, benefits, risks and issues.
From a more technical perspective, be accountable for the production and maintenance of architectural landscapes, roadmaps, standards and patterns covering all key technologies and uses. Utilise design and implementation reviews to provide technical assurance to project teams building and rolling out new technologies. Support technology procurements by providing technical input to tender documentation and bid evaluation. Support the client Design Authority and Change Advisory Board (CAB).
In general, maintain a reputation for being knowledgeable, approachable, understandable; for being curious, open and helpful. Always having the long-term best interests of the client and its stakeholders at heart.
• Reporting to Solutions Architect
1. Strong understanding of all relevant current and emerging technologies in terms of their key technical capabilities and potential business impacts.
2. Extensive experience of developing and documenting enterprise architecture elements, ranging from overarching landscapes and roadmaps, to specific patterns and designs.
3. Regular success in gaining support for architecture proposals from various audiences in the context of strategic trends across business and technology.
4. Frequent value-adding input to technology procurements, either directly or via previously prepared architectural documents, especially standards and policies.
5. Long-standing familiarity with the use of mature delivery models, such as TOGAF for architecture, PRINCE2 and AGILE for projects, and ITIL for operations.
6. Growing familiarity with the use of newer delivery models, such as DevOps to span the systems development-implementation-support-enhancement continuum.
7. Evidence of having contributed to organisation ICT and Digital Strategies
1. Systems thinking skills to develop architectures that use coherent platform, service, data and security models to enable the most business-beneficial user experiences.
2. Strong written communication skills, appropriately using words, diagrams, charts and pictures to inform and instruct clearly.
3. Good oral communications skills, including listening effectively as well as speaking convincingly to audiences ranging from individuals to large groups.
4. Coaching skills to lead technology experts beyond their technology-centric comfort zones into a better understanding of actual business needs and experiences.
5. Influencing skills to guide architecture-related decision-making by business leaders up to at least Director level, appreciating their concerns and meeting their input needs.
6. Commercial skills to support maximising value for money from suppliers and joint ventures, taking into account full lifecycle costs and opportunities for re-use.
7. Relevant qualifications in TOGAF, ITIL or ICT Security desirable
8. Degree level
This is a temporary job which should start on the 26th September and should finish on the 31st March 2107, with possible extension to the job. This is an 8:00 am to 5:00 pm job role with hours of 40 hours per week