|Job Ref:||204678269||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Salary:||£400/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Senior Test Engineer|
* CV Submission Deadline: Friday 23rd September @13:30 pm
* The Maximum Pay Rate: £400 MAX PAY LTD COMPANY
* Location: Peel Park North West
* Contract Length: 31/10/2016 to 16/06/2018
* Security Clearance Level Required: BPSS + Disclosure Scotland
* Essential Experience: 5 years experience of Oracle Database Administration, to version 12c
* 5 years experience of Oracle Application Server administration
* Experience of working with high volume, high availability databases and applications
* Administration of Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.10 and R12
* Experience of impacting and applying patches to Oracle E-Business Suite and databases
* Extensive performance tuning at database and application level
* Experience of working with highly available applications and maximum availability architectures
* Operations and support of IT Operations, infrastructure and application technologies and solutions - hardware, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and opensource packages/solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
* ITIL Service Operation (particularly Request Fulfilment, Incident/Problem/Change Management) and with experience of Service Transition.
* Monitoring and event management.
* Data management regulations and policies and Information Lifecycle Management frameworks and solutions.
The Central Payment System (CPS) is a key component of the DWP's Enterprise IT Architecture, providing a single payment and accounting system for the Department's benefits, allowances and pensions payments. The CPS Core System is comprised of Oracle E-Business Suite and the Custom Layer.
Heritage Benefit Systems (HBS's) and Entitlement Management Systems (EMS) provide input flows to the Core System, ultimately resulting in output flows to Paying Agents via ETSE for direct payments within the UK, and direct payments overseas via the Overseas Payment Service Providers.
The E-Business Suite components used are Accounts Payable (AP), General Ledger (GL) and Cash Management (CE). These modules are underpinned by the use of System Administration (SA).
DWP are bringing the accountability for the provision of application development (AD), application maintenance (AM) and application support (AS) services into the Department. from the current supplier, HPE. CPS is part of Wave 2 of the ADMS transition which means that the DWP Technology Financial, Commercials and HR systems team will take on responsibility for the provision of AD and AM services from 1st November 2016. Knowledge transfer from HPE is due to start in September.
From 1st The CPS Team will be responsible for developing, testing and delivering an CPS AD/AM Change Programme of approximately 1500 mandays. This includes changes to support Universal Credit, a CPS database upgrade to 11g Release 2 and a CPS application upgrade from Version 11.5.10 to 12.2.
A vacancy currently exists for an L2 Senior Test Engineer for Central Payments System
The Senior Test Engineer role will take part in all aspects of CPS testing. They will be responsible for gathering test requirements; producing test strategies and plans, carrying out test execution, reporting (manual and automated) and test completion reports. They will also be required to help produce test scenarios and test conditions
Additional qualifications required for this role
SFIA 6 Skills Framework
* Testing Level 4
* Quality Assurance Level 5
* Quality Management Level 5
* Quality Standards Level 4
* Relationship Management Level 4
Key tasks and deliverables
Write and gain approval for an overall Test Strategy and Test Plan covering all Test Activities on the project
* Responsible for delivery of all test collateral on the project (either personally or by ensuring delivery by delegates within the virtual team) including: plans, scripts, scenarios, conditions, defect reports, daily progress reports and end of test reports
* Work with the team to identify tooling to be used on the Project throughout the lifecycle, with an emphasis on smooth interfacing to allow process continuity (continuous build/integration/testing/delivery
* Participate in engagement with local Academy programmes to encourage inclusion of Testing content within Academy content and offer a local contact for academy trainers and attendees when Testing questions arise
Essential An experienced resource with a broad base of testing experience and fully formed ideas on best practice