|Job Ref:||204678201||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Talbot Green||Address:||Post Code:||CF72||Salary:||£25000/annum £25,000 per annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:42|
Software Developer (Delphi) |
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1.1 billion.
The company is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with 600 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned SPAR stores.
A.F. Blakemore`s success has been built upon a distinct culture focused upon positive and friendly relations with staff, customers and the communities it serves. The Blakemore Way is a means to define this culture and ensure that the longstanding values of the Blakemore family will continue to drive the company`s growth for the next century.
Position: Software Developer
Location: Talbot Green, Mid Glamorgan, CF72 8XX
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 16.45pm
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: October 21, 2016
The position will include project planning, analysis, development, testing and implementation of software solutions, providing a troubleshooting and third line support activity, automating IT operational tasks and to complying with departmental administration procedures. The primary development language will be Delphi, although the IT roadmap may include the opportunity to cross train in C# and XRM.
- Liaising with users to understand their requirements
- Analyse and document the requirements
- Code, test and implement solutions
- Project management
- User training and project sign off
- Scripting - automation and running control mechanisms as required
- Database administration and performance
- Application integration
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- A degree (or equivalent) in computer science or a related field is essential
- Development experience in Delphi essential
- A solid understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures within a development environment
- Experience with issues prioritisation, troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Ability to develop / manage small development projects
- An understanding of business processes and business automation
- An understanding of Microsoft, UNIX operating systems and scripting
- Analytical skills and the ability to apply lateral thinking to problems and developments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel, work flexible hours and be available for out of hours support as agreed
- C# development experience useful
- Specific knowledge of one or more development language used by the company is preferred (SQL, OpenEdge)
- Demonstrable experience in a related job field is preferred
You may have experience of the following: Software Developer, Delphi, Computer Science, SQL, OpenEdge, Unix, Microsoft, Software Development, C#, XRM, Testing, Software Implementation, Troubleshooting, Scripting, Application Integration, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications