|Job Ref:||204376580||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£90000 - £100000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:59|
Job: Migration Architect|
Job Type: Permanent
• Working with a major global business in the financial services sector on a large data centre programme. Joining the programme architecture team to enables the delivery of a cloud based infrastructure service for the group and its operating businesses.
• Engagement with the group's business which are currently utilising their own Data Centre's to provide their IT services. The architect will work with the business and partners to provide architectural governance and facilitate the creation of target architectural designs. These designs will achieve the key programme objectives of standardisation and consolidation of infrastructure and applications. Support will then be provided for the migration onto the strategic set of managed services within the clients DCs.
The candidate should have a broad range of skills across many technical areas, including networking, compute infrastructure, storage technologies, DR, migration, applications and data centre services.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to manage customer expectations and liaise with SME for guidance where necessary.
• Experienced with private, public or hybrid cloud.
• Ability to engage in all stages of the project life cycle from requirements through design, implementation, and into support.
• Experienced in capturing technical requirements, defines technology solutions, and creating the conceptual, logical, and physical designs of the solution.
• Serves as technology expert on delivering server, desktop, storage services, local area networks, wide area networks, data centres, including mainframes, large server configurations
• Provides guidance and participates in design reviews and validates technology approach and associated work products
• Provides technical and project and programme leadership on Information Technology infrastructure engagements.
• Ability to drive the delivery of solution design to meet technical, quality, and financial standards in line with clients technical blueprint and strategy.
• Experience as a VMware/virtualization architect
• Experience in automation and orchestration technologies (e.g. MBC BladeLogic, VMware vCloud Director, Opsware, Chef, etc.)
• Experience of both migration and multi-discipline technologies
• Experience in Project Management
• Good knowledge of ITIL v3
• Broad technical knowledge in infrastructure areas - WAN / LAN / MPLS / VPN, Virtualization / VMWARE / XEN, Storage / SAN / NAS / Archiving, MS Exchange / SharePoint, IBM Mainframe / Midrange platforms / Storage & Backup Technologies, expert in two disciplines.
• Knowledge of technology trends and best practice
• English fluency both written and orally
• Ability to work within complex global project with many stakeholders involved
• Ability to remain calm and courteous in periods of stress
• Ability to work on several work streams simultaneously
• Ability to work with broad range of experience levels
• Experienced with third party suppliers and driving completion of work products
• Organised/strong administrative skills
• Ability to organise staff and supervise workload for maximum efficiency