|Job Ref:||204681678||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£12.00 - £14.00/hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:21|
Mechanical Fitters required on a contract basis |
The role will involve the following duties;
• To work as part of the machine build assembly team.
• To fit and assemble sub-assemblies and incorporate these into complete machines.
• To build pneumatic equipment used to control the machines.
• To ensure that all parts and assemblies are correctly fitted and assembled together in accordance with the agreed tolerances and procedures.
• Work in accordance with Company procedures and specific guidelines and terms of reference at all times.
• Carry out your duties at all times in compliance with all applicable Laws and with due regard for the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
Skills required are those of a flexible mechanical fitter who, under supervision, will be involved with the building, set up and testing our machinery.
• General mechanical hand fitting skills.
• Read mechanical drawings
• Fitting bearings.
• Alignment of shafts.
• Marking out, drilling and tapping.
• Final straightening and fitting of air rails following welding.
• Pneumatic assembly and pipe work, working to pneumatic drawings.
• Building of sub-assemblies and incorporating these into complete machines.
• Ensuring assemblies are built to drawing and are aligned correctly.
• Setting up and running of completed machines in readiness for final testing.
• Machining skills, although not part of the normal build process, the need for some turning and milling is occasionally required.
If you are interested in the above role, please apply below or call Hollie Church on (Apply online only).