|Job Ref:||204681325||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£1 - £2/annum see advert||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:21|
Senior Automation Project Manager|
My Client are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager with a proven automation project background, to join their Automation Engineering (AE) business located in South Manchester in a permanent staff position.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with Customers within a variety of industries such as, Food and Beverage, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Oil and Gas.
The ideal candidate will have experience and working knowledge of the process and manufacturing industry, along with an understanding of PLC, SCADA, DCS and Safety systems. They shall possess a recognised Project Management qualification (i.e. APMP, Prince2, PMI) and be able to demonstrate an understanding of different Forms of Contract. Full financial responsibility, schedule control and a good working knowledge of Claim and Risk Management techniques is essential.
The role will report to the AE Portfolio Manager and will also involve the promotion of the company's capabilities for projects, systems solutions and services, including the product range to new and existing customers.
What are my responsibilities?
* To serve as primary point of contact for the customer and senior management.
* To manage Customer requirements & Key Stakeholder expectations
* To control project team and ensure project is delivered to time, cost and quality.
* To control external sub-contractors and contracts.
* To produce monthly updates on Forecast costs for all projects/contracts under your control. This will involve the use of our SAP business system. Role appropriate Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
* To create, issue and update all forms required by our Quality and Project Management Processes.
* To produce a project plan (on MS Project / Primavera) and maintain it during the lifecycle of the project.
* To identify, analyse and manage risk
* To ensure customer satisfaction within the constraints of the project/contract and progress Customer Transactional Surveys.
* Monitor progress, costs and internal / external changes to minimise delays and overspends.
* To identify variations and negotiate additions to contract; including cost neutral payment terms.
* To identify potential problems with technical and commercial compliance.
* To comply with all of the Quality Management and Project Procedures as well as full compliance with Health & Safety Regulations and Policies.
* To promptly raise invoice requests associated with contracts under your control.
* To assist with prompt payment of invoices, particularly where a technical issue is the cause of non payment.
* To assist other departments in the preparation of quotes, specifications, presentations and general duties.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
This is a demanding and challenging opportunity that requires candidates to have a good understanding of systems integration, process automation and process safety, as well as experience of commercial management.
My client are looking for highly motivated and disciplined individuals who can work well on their own initiative, as well as communicate their resource requirements with other members of the company.
Suitable candidates will:
* Have a wealth of experience in Project Management.
* Be educated to Degree//HNC level or equivalent.
* Have proven experience in the process and manufacturing industry.
* Have experience of generating and executing against a project plan and associated resource leveling.
* Demonstrate an aptitude for working as part of a team.
* Display an attention to detail.
* Be compliant with PM Processes and undergo PM training programmes and assessments.
* Be computer literate and have experience with MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft packages (experience of the SAP would be advantageous).
* Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential.
* Be flexible to travel.
Closing date for applications: 2nd October 2016
My client offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through their flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
This position also includes an on target bonus of 15% and a maximum of 30%. Finally the package includes a company car