|Job Ref:||204681258||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
Operations Engineer - Wind Farms|
This exciting new role comes with one of Europe's leading renewable energy developers and operators. As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you'll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of the business.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Operations Engineer to join our Client, an International Renewable Energy company. The Operations Engineer has budget responsibility for the wind farms under their direct responsibility and will have a significant influence in setting the O&M strategy to deliver the long term performance of assets in the portfolio. In this role the Operations Engineer is accountable for all aspects of operations and maintenance of the onshore wind farm fleet with a high focus on safety, availability and commercial awareness. The role involves direct responsibility for representing O&M interests during major project development, and therefore strong influencing skills coupled with a sound knowledge of the wind business are essential.
You will look after the health, safety and environmental management (safety of staff, contractors and others, compliance e.g. Pressure systems, LOLER, PUWER etc.)
You will need to have a full understanding of the technical and operational risks that the business faces and manages those risks effectively. You will need to establish and maintain O&M best practice through improving plant reliability and availability, whilst maximising site output and delivering commercial targets based on revenue optimisation. You will need to supply operational reporting of the business performance and Risk Management.
It is essential that the commercial and operational risks are appropriately managed to deliver against the growth and business plan targets for the future. You will work with the Assist the team in compiling and following a clear operations and maintenance strategy for the assets and assist with procurement aspects.
The client expects you to seek continuous improvement- As the portfolio grows it is essential to get the processes and capabilities in place and improve them. You will also deal with Stakeholder management - their relationship with the communities in which we operate is essential in the ongoing operation of our portfolio and to deliver their growth plans.
To be successful in this role you will need to manage budgets -to maximise the availability of the plant at minimum economic cost, whilst considering wider implications - H&S etc.
You will be expected to implement a procurement policy ensuring that all contractor relationships are backed by robust commercial agreements that protects the business from poor contractor performance.
Ideally you'll have/be:
Formal Engineering/Technical qualification (preferably to HND level) or relevant experience.
* Demonstration of the ability to absorb and process often complex and potentially conflicting information.
* Commercial awareness of procurement processes and legal framework for contracts - typically through hands on experience with contracts.
* Significant experience of contractor management in an O&M environment.
* The ability to assimilate engineering concepts and technical jargon and to communicate clearly and in non-technical terms to investors, non-engineers and third parties.
* An appreciation of renewables technology and the constraints this places on site design, operations and maintenance procedures.
* The ability to understand and support the roles of other renewables teams, such as Development, Finance, Projects and Health & Safety.
* General and site safety management qualifications and experience.
* Detailed understanding of the systems in place to manage the risks associated with electrical and mechanical plant, systems and safety rules.
* Experience of NEC and ICE contracts and general project management skills.
* Technical officer or the capability to gain authorisation.
* Strong influencing/negotiation skills.
* Communication and reporting skills.
* Experience of maintenance management including the development of maintenance service strategies.
* Experience of people/project management.
If that sounds like a role you would be interested in, please apply with your send your CV now to (url removed)
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)