|Job Ref:||204681254||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:21|
We are working in partnership with a market leader within the FMCG industry, due to continued growth/promotions has allowed a couple of new opportunities for a couple of Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineers. |
Shift: Days and shift role available
The objective of the department is to maintain and adapt company resources. Having basic electrical knowledge for the installations /equipment on site as well as maintain and adapt energy supplies (utilities.)
To have knowledge of and use the relevant work procedures, observe quality systems, environmental care systems and food safety regulations.
Role in includes the below;
• Carry out small projects.
• Identify common electrical faults.
• Read and work from circuit diagrams.
• To be able to interrogate the SCADA system
• Carry out any work as reasonably requested by production.
• Assess the nature of the breakdown. This must then be coordinated with the shift manager or M & R Manager or other relevant person.
• For outside day service consult with the Shift Manager for which corrective action must be taken, and then the Shift Manager will make the final decision.
• Present an accurate assessment of the issue to the shift manager, and any on shift colleagues who require that information. Whilst carrying out the required repairs.
• Carry out all repairs on mechanical / electrical areas.
• For specialist electrical / technical knowledge the company will call on external services.
• The fitter can call in a specialist for solving more extensive and / or complex repairs.
• Tests run and start up of installations and systems following repairs to ensure correct operation; this can be established on the basis of using drawings and machine documentation. Adjusting deviations in consultation between specialists and service engineers.
• Proposals for improvements of machines / line performance and installations is encouraged
• Accompanying contractors that are temporarily added to the shift. To give assistance to external employees who are deployed from an outside company.
• To carry out PPM inspection rounds, assessing the state of equipment on the basis of check lists and own insight, noting findings and discussing measures to taken with the Shift Manager or M & R Manager.
• To carry out corrective maintenance repairs on a timely basis.
• Report findings to the Shift Manager or M & R Manager.
• Carry out general maintenance as required which can include lubrication tasks and schedules.
Register all activities taken in the automated maintenance system (SAP), Recording of hours worked and details of the tasks carried out on the SAP system.
Have knowledge of and use the relevant work procedures and instructions to observe quality systems and environment care system and of VGHM- and the food safety regulations.
Any other jobs as requested by Shift Manager
Experience within the FMCG/packaging/automotive/plastics/pharmaceutical industry would be of advantage.
Successful candidates will need to be Multi Skilled with an qualified to C&G/HNC in a mechanical or electrical discipline. Ideally candidates would have worked in the FMCG industry.
For further information please call Hollie on (Apply online only) or just follow the link below to apply.
shift engineer/technician/multi skilled maintenance engineer/electrical engineer/mechanical engineer/maintenance engineer/ppm/tpm/reactive/breakdowns/service engineer