|Job Ref:||204681179||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Andover||Address:||Post Code:||SP10||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:21|
An amazing opportunity has became available for an experienced Depot Manager to join one of the UK's largest hire companies within the construction and plant market based in Andover.|
The main objective for the new Depot Manager will be to effectively lead and manage all depot activities.
The ideal Depot Manager will be responsible for the Depot achieving the required profitability and the 'Standards of Quality of Service' whilst also ensuring full compliance with the appropriate Company's Policies, Procedures and Legal requirements in particular those relating to the Environment, Health and Safety, Quality Management, HR and Transportation.
Main Duties and Responsibilites:
* Demonstrate full commitment to the company
* To lead and motivate Depot Staff ensuring they are aware of their individual objectives, are competent to achieve them, and their performances are monitored, realistically assessed and improved where appropriate.
* Fully understand the current Financial Budgets and Performance Objectives (KPI's) for the Depot, and effectively manage the Depot to achieve set targets taking immediate corrective action to address any shortfall.
* Ensure all Depot Staff comply with all current Company Policies, Systems and Procedures.
* Encourage good team work by all Depot Staff and chair regular team meetings on a formal and an informal basis.
* Identify and develop profitable business opportunities through new Customers and products.
* Develop, secure and manage the existing customer portfolio and allocated Regional and National Sales Contacts.
* Ensure full commitment to the Sales Department Charter to ensure that all aims and objectives are achieved.
* Foster excellent relationships with customers.
* Give full commitment to the Sales Management Systems and Procedures ensuring that high standards of service are delivered to both external and internal Customers.
* Liaise with and maintain regular contact with the Area Manager, KAM's and Sales Representatives on area sales opportunities and other related issues.
* Demonstrate awareness of, and effectively implement, the Company's Environmental Policies and Procedures. Compliance to be confirmed by regular inspection and audit of the work place and working practices.
* Demonstrate awareness of, and effectively implement, the Company's Health Safety and Welfare Policies and Procedures. Compliance to be confirmed by regular inspection and audit of the work place and working practices.
* Effectively identify and manage risks and hazards and implement suitable control measures to eliminate/minimise them. Control measures to be communicated to Depot Staff and monitored for effectiveness.
* Ensure all members of staff are aware of their Health and Safety responsibilities and have the necessary resources, information, instruction (including induction) and training to meet their responsibilities.
* Provide and monitor the correct use of safety equipment.
* Record, investigate and report all accidents and near misses and implement appropriate corrective action to avoid recurrence.
* Ensure Transport Activities are conducted in accordance with legislative and Company Operating Licence requirements.
* To complete and submit management reports by agreed deadlines.
* Deal with performance reviews and disciplinary and grievance issues relating directly to section heads i.e. Workshop Supervisors and Hire Controllers.
The salary is very competitive and will be negotiable dependent on experience. Overtime opportunities are available.
This is the chance to join a company that offers excellent training and development programs supporting their employees to build a career within one of the UK's largest rental organisations within the construction plant and agricultural machinery market.
To be considered for the position please contact Samantha Round on (Apply online only) or send your CV to Samantha Round