|Job Ref:||204677722||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northamptonshire||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
Engineering Manager required to head up a very busy manufacturing facility producing special purpose equipment which is designed and manufactured in the UK and installed worldwide.|
The role will be diverse and span all areas of Engineering from design and manufacture to sales, after-sales support and will involve developing solid partnerships with 3rd party manufacturers, key customers and distributors.
The position requires a strategic thinker to bring a commercial edge to the team with the ability to develop, inspire and empower teams to embrace change.
Applications are welcome from candidates, ideally degree-qualified, with management experience within the engineering field.
The following experience, skills and attributes are essential:
• Good personnel management skills and experience of managing / developing teams and setting work to budgets.
• Enthusiastic individual capable of building a strong team ethos and ensuring progress is made through empowerment.
• Engineering product design experience encompassing a wide range of materials, systems and processes.
• Familiarity with manufacturing processes and procedures in an ISO 9001 or equivalent quality system framework.
• Experience of project managing product design from first principles to a marketable product.
• Systematic and analytical problem-solving skills.
• Direct experience of purchasing and cost control.
• Good customer facing and presentation skills.
• Availability for overseas travel with passport and driving licence.
This is an exciting opportunity to be instrumental in the further development of an engineering department based within a well established organisation