|Job Ref:||204677690||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£70000 - £80000/annum + Car Allowance||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
Mechanical and Electrical Building Services |
£70,000 to £80,000 per annum plus benefits
Location: M4 Corridor
Our client is a privately owned Mechanical and Electrical Building services installation company. They have four regional offices that specialise in mechanical and electrical services and air-conditioning installation within the Commercial, High End residential, Retail and Care home sectors.
They have now been established for over 30 years and they have a group turnover in excess of £50m, employing 60 staff with medium to large scale Mechanical and Electrical Building services projects based throughout the London M4 corridor and the South East.
As Operations Manager, based near Reading, you will be the "right-hand man" to the Regional Director, assisting with the management of medium to large in scale - commercial and care home mechanical and electrical building services projects. Your role will include:
* Taking responsibility of the implementation of Safety Management Systems within the business
* Be the Lead report across a multiple of projects
* Be Lead co-ordinator and planner for the interface between electrical construction and mechanical teams
* Build team structure, tools and processes necessary for delivery of all mechanical, electrical and construction packages
* Assist with the selection and interview potential new staff to join the team
* Co-ordinate and interface between all trade contractors
* Manage logistics strategy and control in-house transport
* Manage procurement team
* Overall cost management of all trade contractors and budget control
* Optimising cost efficiency and establishing quality parameters
* Monitor production and creating programmes and reports
* Provide regular feedback of production analysis to the client
* To assist with manage Deliver the projects on time and within budget
* To become a stake holder and assist with vision and development of the company
The ideal Operations Manager will have a Mechanical or Electrical engineering qualification - HNC minimum, and be able to read and critique consultants and specialist contractors drawings and specifications. You will also have demonstrable knowledge of holding a similar role carrying put similar duties as above.
This is a fantastic opportunity with real career progression to senior management level. The role also comes with competitive salary and remuneration