|Job Ref:||204677386||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Kettering||Address:||Post Code:||NN16||Salary:||£12.00 - £12.50/hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
Our client is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to work for a local company in Kettering.|
Hours are rotating shifts from Monday to Friday 6-2pm, 2-10pm and Sunday to Thursday 10-6am.
* To uphold and work within all current Health and safety legislation
* Maintain and develop performance records for relevant equipment.
* Liaison with support services and external contractors for plant and process improvements.
* Undertake routine maintenance of plant as required.
* Contribute to the development of team members within the department through the design and application of both formal and informal activities as required.
* Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload wherever necessary.
* Ensure that resources are used to optimum effect.
* Understand and operate in line with relevant legislation, Company policy and Company procedures.
* Build and maintain effective channels of communication between yourself and others.
* Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
* Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
* Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
* Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by your line manager
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
* Maintain / develop and improve the means by which to ensure effective preventative maintenance.
Skills & Competencies
* Min 2 years maintenance experience, including preventative maintenance, fault finding and rectifying.
* Analytical and problem solving ability to include the processing of statistical data in order to rectify faults and improve mechanical effectiveness
* Effective communication skills that allows the individual to communicate internally and externally, at all levels (written and oral).
* Ensures that their knowledge is up to date in all the relevant areas and takes an active role in their own and others development.
* Demonstrates the ability to plan and prioritise workload in order to meet required deadlines and performance standards.
* Demonstrates the ability of being able to maintain and improve effective working practices, use of facilities and materials etc.
* Operates in line with relevant legislation and company policies and procedures
* Demonstrates the ability to maintain and improve levels of housekeeping and health and safety standards.
* Demonstrates ability to support teams internally and externally, to ensure effectiveness in line with the needs of the business.
* Demonstrate knowledge of hydraulic & pneumatic circuits and systems
* Demonstrate knowledge of electrical & electronic circuits and systems
* Have a comprehensive understanding of Plc systems
Academic & Qualifications
* Apprenticeship in City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
* 4 GCSE level C or equivalent
* NVQ level 3 or equivalent
* Fork lift/access platform licence
17th or 18th edition wiring regulations
Data Protection Notice
Fox Resourcing and Recruitment will use the information given on your application for recruitment and selection, human resource management and for employment and business purposes in respect of successful candidates. The information you give us will be kept confidential and your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent except where necessary to confirm factual information provided by you, to provide services in respect of your employment (such as payroll services) and in compiling anonymous statistical data required to be submitted to Government agencies. Fox Resourcing & Recruitment uses procedures and technologies to maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction. You have a statutory right to request details of your personal data which Fox Resourcing & Recruitment holds and we will correct and update the same from time to time as notified by you.
By submitting my application I agree to the use of my information as outlined in the above statement. I confirm that to the best of my knowledge the information I have provided is correct and true. I realise that if it is found that I have deliberately given false or misleading information I may be disqualified from further consideration or, if appointed, may be summarily dismissed