|Job Ref:||204677255||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Salary:||£32000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:17|
Mechanical Engineer Surveyor / Inspection Engineer|
Home based covering ... York
Salary £(Apply online only) + car + pension (15 - 20% of salary per year) + private health care + benefits + day time flexible hours + 3 - 5 year training programme
Must have hands on experience on,
* Lifting & handling equipment & machinery, materials handling, mechanical handling, overhead cranes, etc.
* Or Boilers & pressure systems- steam, air and water systems and refrigeration plant.
HNC / HND (Level 4+) in Mechanical Engineering discipline
(eg Plant Engineering / Marine Engineering)
Or I Eng or NVQ Level 4 or Eng Tech or LCGI / Licentiateship
Ex Forces background can sometimes be ideal but not essential - Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (REME), RAF, Army, Navy, Marine Engineer.
* To carry out service surveys and inspections on a wide range of industrial, commercial and manufacturing plant and machinery.
* Ensure equipment is safe and fit for use.
* Write reports.
* You will be assigned work / companies to visit in your local area.
* Home based looking after a client base in a small geographical region you will be responsible for visiting sites to carry out inspections on predominantly cranes and lifting equipment ensuring clients comply with relevant legislation and machinery is fit for purpose. You may also be required to inspect other manufacturing machinery and equipment.
To apply send CV to tim . fawcett @ morson . com or call 0161 .- 707 .- 1516
Lifting Equipment and Machinery and mechanical handling plant can include some or any of the following; Cranes; overhead cranes; gantry crane, pendant; materials handling equipment & machinery; scissor lifts; lifting gear; lifting equipment; hydraulics; fork lift trucks; cherry pickers; winches; davits; telehandlers; shackles; hoists; wire ropes; JCBs; excavators; Lifts; Elevators etc.
Key words - materials handling; cranes; overhead cranes; gantry crane; scissor lifts; lifting gear; lifting equipment; hydraulics; jib; lifting tackle; Mechanical; Maintenance; LEV; Local Exhaust Ventilation; Power Press; Manufacturing; mechanical engineer surveyor; engineer surveyor; crane surveyor; lift surveyor; service engineer; maintenance; loler; puwer; pssr; coshh; maintenance engineer; repair; foundation degree; fault finding. Higher National Certificate (HNC); Higher National Diploma (HND); Mechanical Engineering; Plant Engineering; winches; davits; Marine Engineering; hydraulics; LCGI; Licentiateship; refrigeration plant