|Job Ref:||204677058||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£58500 - £70000/annum Excellent benefits, pension, flexi w||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:17|
Estimator - Utilities|
Previous experience within a consultancy environment
This business requires an experienced Estimator to support the various teams in London with on-going design projects within the Infrastructure sector.
The business is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding within the Water, Power, Rail, Aviation, Highways, Environmental, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical and Energy sectors. Some of the joint venture frameworks are within:
Commercial and Procurement Services to Network Rail Infrastructure
Highways England Commercial Division
Renewable Energy sector
National Grid, UK Power Networks and Business Advisory for UKPN
Project Delivery for Pharmaceutical Sector
Water Capital Investment Projects
Reports to the estimating manager and provides estimating expertise within a comprehensive cost engineering framework. Supporting a range of key projects, whether operations, maintenance, revenue or capital.
* Interfaces with the Work Scope Manager, Designers, Suppliers, Planners, Cost Engineers, Risk Co-ordinator / Practitioner and Financial Management Team
* To maintain compliance with standards and expectations concerning safety
* To comply with programme controls procedures, processes and systems to ensure that quality and consistency is maintained
* To contribute to improving the quality and performance of cost control processes and systems.
* Understands how to build estimates from first principles
* Understands the key factors involved with building a robust estimate, stakeholder engagement and how to define requirements at the outset
* Capable of producing varying levels of estimates commensurate with the project stage and available information
* Understands how to interpret and apply cost data from various sources
* Understands the key information required to support a robust estimates
* Understands and can apply concepts such as risk, contingency and estimating uncertainty
* Capable of auditing estimates prepared by others and producing reports
Significant estimating experience within a relevant sector or discipline.
Relevant professional qualification and / or accreditation
This is a permanent role