|Job Ref:||204676883||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£0 - £39000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:17|
Our client require a Senior Geo-environmental Engineer, with a degree in Geology and preferably and MSc in Engineering Geology or a relevant subject. |
Principal Duties and Main Activities:
* Liaison with Regulatory Authorities for information.
* Organising sub-contractors, plant, service data, equipment and consumables for site work.
* Planning and supervising site investigations, including sampling and logging of soils/rock to BS5930/EC7.
* Preparing borehole logs on Holebase.
* Preparation of laboratory test schedules for both geotechnical and contamination analysis.
* Preparing Phase I Desk Studies.
* Undertaking Phase II Geotechnical, Geo-environmental and Contaminated Land assessments and report preparation.
* Contributing to the office culture, conduct and discipline to encourage an enjoyable, productive and efficient workplace for all.
* Fostering sound working relationships with team colleagues, other employees and clients.
* Complying with Health & Safety and CDM Regulations and assisting in the development of a Health & Safety culture in the Company.
* Assisting the Team Leader and Directors in promoting the Company and the Vision in all its aspects.
* Any other duties consistent with the job description that may be required from time to time.
* Science degree in a relevant subject (geology/civil engineering/ environmental studies, etc).
* Preferably an MSc or equivalent in a relevant subject.
* Soil and rock logging to BS5930:1999 (incorporating Amendment 2:2010).
* Extensive experience in site investigation/geotechnical contracting/ consultancy.
* Ability to work under own supervision, with support from employees in other offices.
* Client facing activities including attendance/representation of the company at meetings, networking events, etc.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK