|Job Ref:||204676804||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:17|
Main Purpose of Job|
Safety Advisory role for the Business Unit with safety coordination functionality across multiple high value energy construction projects.
Proactively leading and advising on best practice safety management for the business unit and providing a key focus in embedding all safety management processes and requirements across the business unit project portfolio.
Responding to resource planning output for safety practitioners, functionally managing and informing deployment of safety practitioners.
* Functionally reporting to the UK Safety Manager;
* Line reporting to a Business Unit Manager
* Work across, and periodically within, projects of significant value (multimillion) at multiple stages from concept to handover;
* Mainly office based carrying out monitoring, advisory and auditing of project portfolios with potential deployment on UK managed projects with various/multiple site locations, potential requirement for short duration training and assignments abroad;
* Project portfolio wide safety advisory role including interaction with engineering, contractors and other project stakeholders to help ensure effective project planning and coordination;
* Considers outcomes of incident investigations for lessons learned and opportunities for improvement across the business unit or company;
* Devises and coordinates implementation of our clients Safety Audit Procedure in consultation with the Business Unit Manager and UK Safety Manager;
* Proactively drives the collation of data and coordinates the production of regular business unit safety management performance indicators and metrics as required by their functional and line manager;
* Monitors, guides and mentors Safety Advisors on their development providing a consistent approach and direction for the safety practitioners across the business unit;
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Knowledge and understanding of collation and reporting of industry standard safety management performance indicators and metrics reports;
* IT proficiency in common Microsoft applications;
* Proven ability to work with, and influence senior management;
* Proven ability to mentor and influence safety practitioners;
* Sound knowledge and understanding of project delivery concepts and techniques, contract split strategy and typical regulatory issues impacting effective safety management and the business;
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of formalised safety management systems and full project lifecycle safety management;
* 'Change Management' skillsets;
* Significant relevant experience in a safety role in an major engineering and construction environment;
* Project experience in a safety advisory role within energy project delivery - i.e. engineering and construction of electrical transmission networks, nuclear, renewables and mainstream generation projects, including thermal combustion such as CCGTs, fossil fuel power plants and incineration, on/offshore wind farm, wave, tidal, thermo solar plants, biomass etc.; and
* Ability and proven experience in a professional project engineering and construction safety advisory capacity in the energy industry, structured incident investigation and formal safety systems auditing.
* Current Chartered member of IOSH registered and up to date with the IOSH 'Continuing Professional Development' (CPD) scheme.
* Minimum 7 years experience in a (preferably UK based) engineering and construction professional safety role with minimum 3 years in energy related projects e.g. generation projects and transmission networks.
* Occupational Safety Qualifications ranging from European Qualifications Framework levels, 8, 7, 6 or 5 dependant on IOSH acceptance criteria.
* Formal certified qualifications in Training (tutoring/delivery), 18001 Internal or Lead auditor and structured Incident Investigation Technique;
* IT conversant with MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and project software packages
* Ability to:
coordinate collation of data and produce regular business unit safety management performance indicators and metrics as required; command respect and influence Project Teams including Project, Engineering and, Construction Management, on best practice work methodologies which are reasonably practicable.
* Ability to continually and effectively promote:
safety leadership within the project teams by making the appropriate interventions to prevent unsafe situations or unacceptable risks being taken; the safety culture implementation within the business unit working with the teams across engineering and project delivery to ensure all systems are fit for purpose and optimal in their function .
safety management as an integrated line management priority for all project planning and execution; and safety relentlessly as a value across the business unit, challenging traditional thinking where appropriate