|Job Ref:||204676518||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||This position is based in Cannock and is easily commutabl||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:17|
NPI Project Manager is required for an established global engineering firm in the automotive manufacturing industry. As NPI Project Manager you will identify new and innovative productive solutions for new product lines. Manage pre volume builds and support customer activity to 90 days SOP.|
As NPI Project Manager you will be experienced within Automotive Manufacturing (Tier 1 desirable), be professionally presentable and be able to work away home on occasion across Europe
As NPI Project Manager key responsibilities will include:
* Managing the product design (where applicable), process design & development (inc. feasibility) and introduction in line with QCD deliverables for each allocated project
* Providing quotation support for assembly processes to include concepts, layouts and cycle times as required
* Providing commercial teams / program manager with accurate cost and timing feedback for products and changes during the enquiry and program phase
* Preparing and maintaining detail project timing plans across all projects under the scope of their responsibility
* Ensure accurate and up-to-date timing pans are made available from all supply routes and support functions
* Preparation of assembly and special purpose equipment SOR's to enable purchasing to obtaining quotations
* Supporting the nomination and kick-off process for assembly and special purpose equipment
* Supporting the follow up of assembly / special purpose / tooling equipment suppliers as required and ensuring adherence to agreed planning
* Co-ordinating the preparation of DFMEA / PFMEA and process planning documentation via plant project , project quality and new tool engineering
* Chairing DFMEA / PFMEA meeting with support functions
* Escalating risks / issues to program management in a timely manner
* Reporting project status to program management in accordance with scheduled project and program reviews and reporting formats
* Following and maintaining project processes and documentation (E.g. Project Gateway)
* Attending customer PMST meetings using prescribed action / timing log
* Charing weekly Plant based weekly review meeting
* Lead and co-ordinate internal process run @ rate and process buy off
* Support project to 90 days post SOP
To be successful in the role of NPI Project Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain credibility with internal and external supplier & customers at all levels.
* Be able to conduct and conclude negotiations with customers in a structured and constructive manner.
* Manage and motivate the individuals within the project team.
* Manage complex and long term projects to reach pre-determined objectives in quality, cost and delivery.
* Knowledge of project financial requirements and constraints and be able to demonstrate the ability to manage and control those budgets within agreed target levels.
* A thorough knowledge and understanding of high volume automotive manufacturing with specific attention to engineering processes.
* Qualified to Degree or equivalent level in an engineering or manufacturing related subject.
* 5 years' experience in a similar role within an automotive high volume environment.
* Good computer skills specifically Microsoft Office and potentially SAP and PDM applications.
If you are an NPI Project Manager looking to secure a long term career in a forward thinking organisation that offers fantastic opportunities, please apply immediately.
This position is based in Cannock and is easily commutable from Stafford, Lichfield, Walsall, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Wolverhampton, Telford, Burton upon Trent and Birmingham.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, Rail and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa