|Job Ref:||204676404||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
The successful Design Engineer will be involved in producing design concepts and detailed component drawings and specifications and support continuous improvement projects and provide technical support.|
* Design and validate products to customer requirements, relevant design standards/codes and procedures from initial inquiry to contract completion. Design package includes Engineering Drawings, Calculations and quality plans.
* Create appropriate Engineering Schedules and Bills of Materials to facilitate release of orders within agreed timescales.
* Monitor and report on deviations from customer and contract requirements.
* Provide technical support for other internal and external functions (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Applications, Sales and customers).
* Provide engineering solutions to internal non-conformances (rejects), customer issues (CORs) and change requests within agreed timescales.
* Implement and support continuous improvement actions/projects and best practice replication throughout the company
* HND/HNC or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Mechanical desirable)
* Ability to receive, review, interpret and implement customer specifications
* Experience of 3D modelling (Solid Edge Ideally) and 2D drafting in a manufacturing environment
* Familiarity with pharmaceutical or biotech industries would be an advantage
* Experience of designing machined / fabricated stainless steel components, pipework, machined plastics and working with close tolerance, multi item assemblies.
* Knowledge of pressure vessel products, pneumatic / hydraulic systems and electrical control