|Job Ref:||204676399||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Enniskillen||Address:||Post Code:||BT74||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:37|
Kerry Foods is part of the Kerry Group, an global food organization with over 24,000 employees and with an annual turnover in excess of €5.3 billion. Responsible for some of the UK and Ireland's best known brands, such as Cheestrings, Mattessons, Wall's & Richmond sausages, Pure, Yollies, Dairygold and Denny. Kerry Foods is also a leading producer of supermarket private label products such as chilled and frozen ready meals, cooked meats, cheese and dairy products.|
With numerous manufacturing sites plus commercial bases across the UK & Ireland, Kerry Foods employs around 6000 people. Kerry Foods also has a dedicated international team that focuses on introducing products into the European market, with Cheestrings paving the way. The culture within Kerry Foods is unique, with a truly gritty entrepreneurial family feel with investment in continual learning for its employees high on the central agenda.
The role of Engineering Group Leader is based in Kerry Foods, Enniskillen and is part of the meats and snacking business. You will be part of team of 14 and will have a qualification in a related 3rd level related discipline and have 2-3 years post apprenticeship experience within a high speed manufacturing environment. You will contribute to the Optimisation of the value stream conversion process using the KAMS (Kerry Asset Management System) and KPS (Kerry Production System)
* Drive high Performing Teams (Build Sustainability Through People), lead the value stream team to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work. Build trust through effective leadership and the skilled application of people management processes and open 2 way communications.
* Recruit and select the right team members, Induct new members into the team and build team skills through skills assessment, training, feedback and support.
* Identify those who have the interest and ability to progress into bigger or different roles and facilitate this through agreed procedures.
* Create and maintain an Asset Management programme for the Value Stream to meet the requirements of KAMS: Asset register & criticality assessment, Asset history, Safety risk assessment, Machine settings, Critical parts list, Autonomous, preventative & predictive maintenance routine and Maintenance Planning & Scheduling.
* Identify, prioritise, plan and schedule value stream maintenance activities (including training). Apply business risk assessments to prioritise work. Create & implement project & shutdown plans for the value stream. Provide production planner with 1 - 13 week maintenance plan.
* Ensure all engineering work carried out in the value stream meets the requirements of Quality, Safety, Health & Environment policies & procedures.
* Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing 8 Step Practical Problem Solving or other appropriate KPS methodologies within the value stream and perform GAP analysis on manufacturing data to understand where to focus/prioritise problem solving efforts.
* Establish capability of all value stream processes and develop statistical process controls to monitor and ensure processes are stable and deliver products that meet customer specifications.
* Relevant Third Level Engineering qualification (Mechanical)or recognised standards based time served apprenticeship.
* Relevant experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
* Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills and numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
* Proficient in the use of MS Office tools. Asset management knowledge.
* Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to solve problems using 8 Step Practical Problem Solving.
* Experience in standardisation of processes in Mechanical, Electrical and Automation design
* Team facilitation/coaching
* Influencing Skills
* Able to meet deadlines
* Analytical skills
* Good relationship building
Equal Opportunity Statement: We welcome applications from all sections of the community