|Job Ref:||204676200||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
Job Opportunity - Design Engineer (Mechanical)|
Monocon International Refractories Limited is part of the Monocon Group of Companies which is a subsidiary of the IFGL Group specialising in Refractory, Engineering and Ceramic products and services to the steel and foundry industries.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Engineer in Monocon Engineering Division which is currently experiencing an exciting period of development. The role, based in the UK Denaby offices, will be part of a busy and dynamic engineering team. Occasional International travel to customer sites will be part of the job role.
Working in a multi- cultural environment the role will involve:
* Detail and design of bespoke mechanical equipment for use in an industrial environment from concept to build to final installation and commissioning
* Preparation of Technical proposals for engineering sales purposes
* Preparation of cost estimates/bill of materials for the complete manufacturing of equipment
* Technical document writing including equipment manuals and engineering documentation.
* Interfacing with members of our in-house manufacturing team including electrical, pneumatic and fabrication engineers.
* Interfacing with our Marketing & Sales personnel
* Liaising with suppliers of equipment/raw materials to obtain best prices and delivery schedules.
* Liaising with end user regarding preparatory work prior to installation.
* Visit to end user premises for site surveys and customer presentations.
* Attention to detail is an important factor in this role.
Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum - HNC Mechanical Engineering.
* Steelworks knowledge is desirable but other industrial background is also of interest
* Medium/heavy Fabrications/Machining
* A good understanding of power transmissions calculations
* Be capable of performing and understanding mechanical structural calculations
* Electrical/Pneumatic/Hydraulics experience desirable
* Proficient in the use of AutoCAD/Inventor 2017 and Microsoft Office literate
* Have an awareness of CE Marking Regulations
To be successful you will:
* Be an innovating Mechanical Design Engineer
* Have a flair for producing, interesting technical proposals
* Be a team player
* Have a desire to succeed in our competitive manufacturing industry.
The remuneration package will include: competitive salary subject to qualifications and experience, pension, medical insurance and performance related bonus.
Position requires enthusiasm, high standards of professionalism and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels both within the company and our clients.
If this opportunity appeals and you feel you can make a significant contribution to the Company, then please apply now