|Job Ref:||204676115||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
Structural Design Engineer (SER Certified Associate)|
This is a business which will offer you complete flexibility and freedom to develop. It does not fall within the "corporate machine" structure therefore there is no red tape, decisions are made promptly and the opportunities are endless.
The business has a requirement for an experienced Associate Structural Design Engineer who is SER Certified with a view to partnership and shared equity within the firm. They will appoint at any level, whether you are Senior, Principal, Associate or Technical Director. The only caveat is that you are SER Certified.
Example of day to day duties are:
* To manage projects including allocated resources such as graduates and technicians.
* To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants.
* Input into fee proposals, including resources and programme.
* Manage projects from inception through to completion.
* Develop scheme designs as required by the business.
* Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
* Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
* Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
* Communicate project's critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
* Actively manage projects to minimise WIP.
* Mentor & recruit junior engineers and graduates.
* Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
* Take an active role in the development of the Structures Division with a view to expanding its client base.
Good communications skills and the ability to manage design teams.
Experience of all materials is preferable