|Job Ref:||204680734||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Salfords||Address:||Post Code:||RH1||Salary:||£35/hour Contract rates negotiable||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:57|
Our client are seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team due to a recent win on 6 brand new and exciting projects. You will be tasked with the successful and profitable design and documentation of the mechanical engineering aspects of company products.|
This positions offers the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of technology within the transportation sector. With an extensive list of high profile projects you will be exposed to all areas of transportation technologies including the latest innovations in automated fare collection and contactless payments. Continuous variety and guidance from senior members of the team will afford you the opportunity to become a subject matter expert within this sector.
- To fulfil customer or development requirements through mechanical design, component specification, prototype, testing and documentation stages.
- To assess the validity of the various design and manufacturing proposals, for maximum cost effectiveness on the particular project
- To prepare systems and engineering specifications to obtain quotations from sub-contractors and suppliers where required.
- To liaise with and report to management on performance to timescales and budgets on specific projects.
- To liaise with all production, engineering and QA staff on mechanical engineering matters
- The successful applicant will need to possess a minimum HND/HNC or equivalent supported by relevant design experience, 3D Pro/Engineer (CREO) experience ( with experience of WindChill),
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD version 2002 and 2011 for creating 2D drawings
- Experience of designing castings, sheet metalwork, mouldings, electronics packaging solutions and electro-mechanical module design
- Previous experience of producing component, wiring and schematic diagram drawings
- Experience of testing and evaluating prototypes.
- In addition, any previous experience of designing revenue collection equipment, vending machines or special purpose machinery would be highly desirable.
THIS IS A FANTASTIC ROLE WITH AN EXCELLENT EMPLOYER OFFERING SUPERB CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
Please contact Nick Shepherd on (Apply online only) for more information on this vacancy and to discuss your suitability to this and other fantastic opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Innovate Recruitment Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business