|Job Ref:||204680488||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum bonus+pension||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
Are you looking for an opportunity that is going to develop your understanding and exposure of major electrical engineering projects within the rail industry?|
Ford and Stanley, the rail recruitment experts, are looking for an electrical to become a systems expert on a range of fleet of rolling stock
Working within a small team of engineers you will have a major influence over the future of electrical systems on a range of rolling stock. You will become experts within your field, becoming the go to individuals for major rail systems.
Location (s): The position is based in Doncaster
Role and Responsibilities:
* Detailed electrical engineering analysis of train systems and components and "own" assigned train systems to be the technical expert on those functions.
* Creation of specification documents for maintenance and overhaul activities
* Produce periodic performance reports on selected systems and escalate any arising issues.
* Manage detail of engineering change.
* Support technical teams at depots as subject matter expert.
* Carrying out thorough root cause analysis of any critical technical issues including operational events and failures, supporting with high-quality reports.
* Development and implementation of engineering procedures and policies regarding level of train fleet maintenance specified by customer / contract requirements and compliant with legislative regulations.
* Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with OEMs and suppliers.
* Responsible for optimising the Company's maintenance regime and assisting in the development of European maintenance practice in support of current and future contracts.
The successful candidate will be an electrical engineer, likely with a degree qualification and experience of analysing detailed electrical engineering systems. They will have at least 3 years experience in an electrical engineering position.
They will be technically strong with a very thorough and possibly even sceptical nature which will ensure that engineering changes come under maximum scrutiny