|Job Ref:||204680430||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£28000 - £34000/annum excellent benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
Assistant Civil Engineer - Water|
To £34k plus excellent benefits
Our client is a leading international consultancy, offering multi-disciplinary engineering, planning and environmental services to clients both in the UK and globally.
Their reputation spans over a century and they are known for engineering excellence in the water and transportation sectors.
Their Water and Utilities team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and technically demanding projects. They are currently working closely with the Environment Agency and the UK's most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK's water infrastructure.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Engineer to join their Water team based in Croydon, supporting the delivery of design solutions for clean and waste water networks and/or clean and waste water treatment works.
Responsibilities will include:
* Performing investigation, analysis and design for allocated projects.
* The preparation of reports and other project documentation and ensuring that it is accurate and in compliance with company and industry requirements.
* Communicating effectively within the project team and stakeholders on project matters
* Assisting with the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to junior team members
Skills and experience required:
* Degree in Civil Engineering or similar numerical discipline
* Working towards Chartered Engineer status and membership of a professional institution such as ICE or CIWEM.
* UK Water sector experience would be beneficial.
* Good technical design experience in civil, water and/or structural engineering and good analytical skills.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills