|Job Ref:||204680252||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Alfreton||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£50000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:20|
Protection and Control Design Engineer - Alfreton, Derbyshire - Circa £50,000 DOE + Company Car/ Car Allowance + Annual bonus + Pension + 25 (+ 8 days bank) Holiday |
Our Client is a Tier 1 utilities contracting company. They specialise in providing services to blue chip electricity, gas, rail, telecommunications and water businesses. You would be joining an internal consultancy team providing design and estimation services to both internal (ie. their ICP division) and external customers (ie. DNOs).
The successful candidate would report into the design manager and undertake Protection & Control system specification and design up to and including 132kV for Independent / Private Network Connections (ICP) and UK DNO's including UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution and Northern PowerGrid.
* Coordinate project requirements at design stage with our civil and electrical designers.
* Provide protection and control designs up to and including 132kV.
* Detailed Relay specification / CORTEC codes.
* Relay panel design - GA's / Schematic Diagrams.
* Detailed Switchgear specification.
* Provision of SCADA I/O Schedules
* Mechanical & electrical interlocking.
* Provision of multicore schedules, multicore block diagrams etc.
* Be proficient in interfacing old equipment with new equipment.
* Ensure that the law is complied with at all times, including Electricity at Work, H&S, ESQCR and CDM Regulations.
* Have an excellent working knowledge of the plant and protection systems utilised on electrical infrastructure projects covering substations (secondary distribution up to 132kV).
Possess understanding of the types of protection and control systems in operation and their application.
* Understand the standards and specifications used within the industry.
* Have a detailed understanding of how power systems are constructed, operated, maintained and decommissioned.
* Have a working knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015 in relation to the role of the Designer.
* Have existing protection and control design experience with regard to DNO networks operating up to 33kV. Knowledge up to 132kV would be an advantage.
* Able to demonstrate ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge for changing technological advancements in energy service provisions.
* Working knowledge of the appropriate UK legislation and standards.
* Ideally be a corporate member of the IET and working towards IEng or CEng status.
* The ability to take an outline project scope document, review and understand how this translates in to the detailed design requirements.
* Possess a flexible approach to overcoming difficulties and getting the job done.
* Provide mentoring to junior engineers.
* Fully proficient in the use of a proprietary CAD systems, i.e. AutoCAD / MicroStation
Circa £50k (DOE)
Possible nights away
Company Car/ Car Allowance
Great company benefits
Great Training and Support offered for career development
Key skills/Other job titles - Protection and Control, P&C, Design Engineer, HV, Substation, ICP, DNO
Location - Alfreton, Derbyshire
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more, please forward your CV or contact us in the following ways:
Tom Mills on (Apply online only) or
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy