|Job Ref:||204680018||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Herefordshire||City:||Herefordshire||Address:||Post Code:||HR7||Salary:||£38000 - £44000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:20|
Senior Feasibility Engineer|
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire, Ludlow, Leominster
Salary: 42k Circa
My client is a leading supplier of plastic components for the Automotive sector - supplying a range of interior and exterior components.
• Automotive Engineering or tooling background
• Several years experience in Plastic Moulding
FEASIBILTY ENGINEERING ROLE
The role of this position is to ascertain the feasibility or otherwise, of OEM designs described in either CAD models, printed concepts and / or clay models. The individual must be capable of establishing the most appropriate tooling concepts, manufacturing methods and material selection working with OEM Design Engineers and Technical Sales team. The role extends from these early concept reviews through to full feasibility approval to satisfy Gateway sign-off. A detailed Open Issue log must be maintained for each program. Some of the major elements are described more fully below;
• Produce tooling concepts from limited base information, eg: Clay models, scans and pictures.
• Understand impact of mould and paint constraints on production feasibility.
• Demonstrate a good sound general background (RRIM experience not essential).
• Develop component/flange/interfaces to allow for assembly of product.
• Understand "A" surface interfaces and joints and potential effects on styling.
• Develop fixing/assembly concepts for complete program.
• Good understanding of use of materials and behavior of plastics.
• Good understanding of O.E standard tests and solutions to overcome potential issues.
• Can demonstrate a good knowledge of new techniques, SLA, FDM, etc.,
• Ability to read and manipulate CAD data (essential).
• Ability to draw concepts (paper or CAD).
• Contribute to CAD resource and discussions.
• Complete competence of Power Point, Microsoft Project and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in the presence of customers.
• Establish a Tool Matrix for each enquiry and maintain Open Issue files to ensure Key Account Managers are aware of commercial implications.
All team members are expected to demonstrate the following skills and behaviors to an acceptable level: job knowledge, quality and quantity of work, self motivation and initiative, effective communication, positive attitude to colleagues, understanding of documentation, customer knowledge, safety and organization, timekeeping and attendance.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
• Behave in a courteous, respectful and professional manner towards all employees customers and visitors.
• Encourage good communication and working relationships across the business.
• Share job knowledge and skills and supporting other team members with their workload.
• Keep your Team Leader/Manager informed of any issues and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Suggest ways to improve quality, productivity and the work environment.
• Complete training and development to increase professional competence.
• Comply with company policy, quality procedures and the Health and Safety Act at all times.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (Apply online only)