|Job Ref:||204679982||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Accrington||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Salary:||£26000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:20|
Electrical Maintenance Technician|
Fulltime Permanent Role
Monday - Friday: 8am - 4:30pm (Friday early finish: 3:30pm)
Salary: £26,000 +
A successful manufacturing company based around the Accrington area are recruiting for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to cover their day shift.
Working within the existing maintenance and engineering team the Electrical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment.
* Planned and corrective maintenance to ensure equipment safety and reliability.
* Respond to machine breakdowns and keep production downtime to a minimum.
* Completion of specific small non-breakdown projects within given timescales.
* Provide technical support to the Production Department to help solve problems.
* Maintain records for breakdowns & PPMs within the computer maintenance management system.
* Proactive approach to health, safety and environmental situations.
* Cover other shifts for holidays and sickness when required (overtime pay).
* Be part of a call out rota system (paid)
* Fault finding and problem solving on control panels with an understanding of PLC Inputs/outputs is essential.
* Installation of services and machinery.
* Methodical / structured approach to fault finding esp. regarding machinery control panels
* Mechanical experience including pneumatics.
* Ability to read engineering drawings esp. electrical and pneumatic (mechanical desirable)
* Ability to understand simple ladder diagrams and to use these to fault find when a PLC is involved with machinery control.
* Understand inverters to a point where you could replace units and load the correct parameters
Desirable but not essential
* Make simple modifications to PLC programs if required.
* Control and instrumentation - AC/DC drives & tension control systems
* Process control systems (flow/temperature/pressure).
* Recognised apprenticeship.
* City and Guilds level 3 in Maintenance Engineering
* 17th Edition IEE regulations is highly desirable.
If you want to find more information about the role, or if you wish to apply, please email
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business