|Job Ref:||204679763||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£40000 - £53000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:18|
Senior Engine Performance Engineer/ Technical Lead - (Job Number: 160004JO)|
Our client: A major manufacturer of heavy duty off-highway diesel engines for the construction, industrial and power generation sectors. Have a number of exciting opportunities relating to the development of new market leading engine technology. Engine emissions regulation, continually increasing expectations for engine performance, opportunities to integrate engine and machine systems all drive the need for continuous development of innovative new technologies.
We have a new role within the Performance Systems team which is a growing team with an exciting opportunity to develop the next generation of small 3 and 4 cylinder engines for a wide variety of machine applications. This is a dynamic exciting team which develops all aspects of real world engine performance from conceptual design to troubleshooting production issues.
The role will require a candidate that enjoys all aspects of engine performance optimisation and calibration, working very closely with our engine calibration and testing teams, to develop powertrain performance that exceeds our customer expectations and resolving any issues with urgency. You will need the drive to project manage the calibration teams with limited support and information, review the detailed performance data, validate and sign-off complete calibrations for production.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Engine / Powertrain performance requirements definition
* Accountable for delivery of engine calibrations
* Engine / Powertrain performance validation in real world customer applications
* Detailed analysis / review of engine and aftertreatment calibrations with the accountability for approval for production
* Deep communication with engineering and product groups across the business
Job Title: Senior Performance Engineer/ Technical Lead
* Salary: £41,926 - £53,000
* Location: Peterborough
* Hours: Full Time - 37.00
* Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not available with this role
* Annual bonus: 12- 18% (Depending on experience), Car Allowance (Depending on experience), 25 Days Annual Leave, Contributory Pension Scheme (Company matching up to 10%), Company Share Purchase Scheme (Company Contribution 50%).
* Bachelors or Master's degree Engineering
* Extensive knowledge of compression ignition internal combustion engines
* Extensive knowledge of engine calibration and calibration optimisation methodologies
* Ability to generate calibration requirements and constraints, including hardware limit definition, tailpipe emissions, transient response, fuel consumption, drivability, and other customer demands
* Resolution of engine performance issues and complex engineering problems with rigor and urgency
* Experience of Vector CANape, AVL CAMEO, NI DIAdem, Stat Ease DX9, MiniTab, or other similar calibration, optimisation and statistics tools
* Experience of providing engine performance predictions and calibration maturity levels
* Previous experience of diesel or gasoline engine or aftertreatment calibration.
* Ability to lead by influence.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. If you have any questions on this Senior Engine Performance Engineer/ Technical Lead, please contact or call (Apply online only)
OH2015 - Performance calibration, diesel engine, engine test data, how control systems work, mapping engine set points, engine test bed.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency