|Job Ref:||204679181||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Europe||Address:||Salary:||£75000 - £85000/annum bonus + benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:20|
Identify, manage, and lead the project resources required to deliver the modular solutions data centre. The position will be required to identify and assist in the recruitment and sourcing of the necessary project engineering resource to delivery at high quality complete engineering solution for projects worldwide as well as support for Deployment Director in the execution and delivery of the project to the engineered solution.
• Provide technical leadership in designing the integrated Rapidly Deployable Modular Data Centre to meet the purpose and functionality of the building to the client's requirements.
• Plan, organize, and oversee all activities of the Project Engineering team including budget.
• Supervise staff including hiring, orienting, providing feedback, compensation review, providing corrective action, and acting as a role model to the staff, etc.
• Evaluate the function and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals.
• Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve excellence in productivity, customer service, quality, inventory management and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
• Work with the solutions organization to transfer the approved schematic design into a set of detailed construction and manufacturing documentation for all aspects of design.
• Work with the Customers Design team to coordinate the overall project design requirements, ensuring that coordinate documentation is provided to the required standard and time lines.
• Define, scope and assist in sourcing any external engineering services necessary to deliver the project to comply with the applicable codes and location considerations.
• Develop and manage standards and policies for the Project Engineering.
• Value engineer the RDDC design to ensure optimal manufacturing and deployment
• Monitors performance, provides regular feedback and conducts employee performance reviews. Encourages and facilitates implementation of improvements and development.
• Foster employee engagement and ensure that business and operational goals are effectively communicated to employees. Acts as a role model and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Promote a positive working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve excellence in productivity, customer service, quality, and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
• Work with the Solutions engineering teams in Croatia and LNA to ensure the most appropriate products and services are included in solutions design.
• Work with the PMO lead to translate the intent of the design through Product Engineering support to Manufacturing, Purchasing, Q.C., etc
• Needs to ensure the procurement package are complete and with no scope gaps.
• Work with PMO lead and local experts to ensure that all products and services are listed and in compliance with appropriate national, international, state and city codes
• Ensure that all necessary information is defined for customer use for installation of specific Solutions products (submittals)
• Work with PMO lead to ensure that projects are meeting budget and timing requirements
• Develop either directly or indirectly a cost estimate and bill of materials for the projects by taking the original design concepts, customer requirements, BU quotations and contractor quotations and prepare for Deployment Director approval.
• Ensure that the RDDC design complies with the appropriate standards including but not limited to US & EC, local building and fire standards
• Prepare engineering documentation to support any solutions tender and pricing procurement.
• Manage the Project(s) RFI, CCD, BIM and Technical submittals.
• Plan and manage the Cx life cycle.
• Oversee Project Document control and close out documentation including as built and O&M but not limited to.
• Act as a technical subject matter expert on questions related to the RDDC design
• Support the Deployment Director in meetings with the client or his representative
• Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
• Bachelor degree in a technology field with business aptitude
• At least 8 years experience in technical Data Centre design
• At least 4 years experience in managing a sizable engineering team
• Budget and schedule management
• Developing capabilities of new and existing engineers teams
• Manage capacity and utilization of the engineering team
• Quality and timeliness of design