|Job Ref:||204678855||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:20|
Senior Engineer (Design Lead Engineer) - Nuparc |
Our Bristol based client is currently looking for a senior engineer to join their existing team on a six month contract. As part of the company's design contract for a new Submarine Programme, they have been contracted to deliver designs for a Weapon Handling and Launch System and Submerged Signal Ejectors. As part of the design contract requirements the customer has specified a number of key standards that the design shall comply with. Contracted standards range from BS EN ISO standards to Defence Standards, and cover various subjects across multiple engineering disciplines.
An experienced engineer is now required for :
* Responsible for owning the drawing suite for the JB-111 (Batch I) WHLS is accurate.
* Lead and manage the JB-111 Design team
* Working with the Engineering project manager, ensure the design information is maintained and updated online with developments from manufacture of the WHLS in overseas locations.
* Incorporation of any customer driven design changes or new requirements into the JB-111 design suite in a timely fashion.
* Operator as approver for equivalent design team member's work.
* Working with the Engineering Project manager, support the JB-111 systems teams with any drafting needs that arise for qualification or verification activity.
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes:
* Significant experience in designing and drafting submarine or maritime components.
* Suitably qualified and experienced at approving for others (experience of first level checking an advantage).
* Proven experience in managing a DO team a significant advantage.
* Working with the Engineering PM to ensure team work loads are completed quickly and efficiently.
* Ensuring timely completion of work to the right level of quality is essential in order to not delay manufacture in country.
* Able to interpret and quickly implement an/or check others work through approval.
* Able to work autonomously and as part of a team to turn around drawings in an efficient manner.
* Familiarity with Submarine Weapon Handling and Launch Systems an advantage.
* Familiar with Team centre and NX is required.
Eligible for BPSS (full baseline)