|Job Ref:||204678747||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum + Car, Pension, Healthcare, Expenses||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:20|
Experienced Applications Engineer - or Junior Engineer - urgently required for a global business operating in the automotive manufacturing industry. The successful candidate is required to deploy all test systems at customer sites throughout the UK and Europe utilising proprietary electronic signature analysis techniques to understand manufacturing process behaviour in order to help customers find defects in their manufacturing.|
The successful Applications Engineer will be joining a well-established business with high end blue chip clients and you can expect your duties to include:
* Program and configure application software to collect and process data from instruments such as load cells, pressure transducers, linear and rotary encoders, measurement lasers and accelerometers
* Apply the appropriate filtering, smoothing and data processing and statistical analysis techniques to identify key features in a customer's manufacturing process to allow them to find defects and or anomalies in their parts
* Interface company hardware (PC based) to communicate and extract data from third party devices, PLC's, measurement systems, and bolt tightening equipment using various methods such as fieldbus, file transfer, serial comm and other data transfer schemes
To be considered for this role, the following is essential:
* Experience with common data acquisition systems such as National Instruments LabVIEW, HBM or others
* Previous hands-on experience with a structured programming language such as C or VisualBasic
* Familiarity with typical manufacturing test process, for example - leak testing, gauging and engine hot or cold testing
* Experience using and applying instrumentation and sensors such as pressure sensors, load cells, accelerometer, linear and rotary encoders, torque transducers, LVDT's, Puezo electronics etc
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Formal electronics engineering qualifications
The following experience and knowledge would be highly advantageous to the role:
* Prior experience with troubleshooting and calibration of instrumentation and sensors
* Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of petrol or diesel engine testing techniques
* Experience with the manufacture or testing of medical devices
* Working knowledge of queries and procedures on Microsoft SQL databases
We are seeking candidates based within the Derby area who are flexible for c60% travel throughout the UK and overseas. You will ideally be located within/around the following locations: Derby, Leicester, Nottingham, Chesterfield or Stafford.
You can expect a base salary to £40k + Car Allowance, Expenses, Pension, Overtime and Healthcare.
For further information call Sarah Clarke on 024 76 (Apply online only) or (Apply online only). Alternatively, email a copy of your current CV to quoting the above reference number.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving up to £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis;
We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK