|Job Ref:||204678604||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Euston||Address:||Post Code:||IP24||Salary:||£34500/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
Engie are recruiting for a Senior Electrician Technician to be based in Grant Thornton, Euston, NW1 2EP. This is a permanent full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary of £34,500.|
The role holder will will be required to perform planned maintenance, checks and reactive repairs on a wide range of electrical installations, mechanical assets and building systems. Reactive tasks to included electrical repairs, testing and installation, general plumbing, toilet repairs, assisting with office moves, general fabric repairs, meeting room setups, housekeeping of plant areas.
Main Responsibilities / Duties Include:
- To be proactive and self-motivated with a genuine desire to improve the standard of their environment.
- Performing electrical isolations of circuits, equipment & plant for themselves & others.
- Ensuring PPM records and paperwork are up to date and correctly filed in the site log books.
- Ensure that all PPM's & reactive works are completed within the specified SLA timeframes.
- Capable of understanding and working from mechanical / electrical schematics.
- Responsible for co-ordinating electrical shutdowns / reinstatement of services following loss of power.
- Attend to reactive tasks and emergency breakdowns as required.
- Take part in the 'out of hour's' emergency call out rota for the contract and be duty on call technician for the required time. Attend out of hours as per contract requirements to carry out the above.
- Be accountable for the safe and reliable operation of equipment and systems being maintained or installed and the consequences of any subsequent failures.
- Regular updates & concise reports to the technical services team leader on works progress.
- Implement H&S policies on site, ensuring that all work is undertaken in safe working conditions with the correct equipment, tools and any lone working or other health & safety procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with company safe systems of work, adhering to and preparing risk assessments & method statements.
- Be responsible for the supervision of sub-contracted works with assistance from the facilities management team.
- Assist technical services team leader with various duties, e.g. TBT's delivery, processing of HR related requests, training delivery, permits to work, ordering of parts & services.
- Deputise for the technical services team leader in their absence as required.
- Direct supervision of engineers and subcontractors and managing allocation and completion of allocated tasks by both.
- Be proficient in the use of proprietary computer systems to keep in line with contract requirements. This would include BMS systems, automatic controls, email, word, excel etc.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Company procedures and in accordance with the company standards for safety and quality.
- Relevant electrical City and Guilds qualifications to at least GNVQ/GSVQ level II.
- 17th Edition IEE Regs.
- Strong understanding of mechanical & electrical aspects of plant, systems and equipment.
- Relevant experience within a similar role.
- Ability to use hand tools, associated trade tools, equipment and machinery for maintenance, repair and minor improvement/new work to required standard.
- IT literate and able to record information accurately, legibly & expediently.
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical people
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers