|Job Ref:||204678489||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||West Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Salary:||£10 - £11/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter|
Our well established client are looking for experienced Mechanical Fitters to carry out final assembly pre-test and post test operations. Main duties include;
- Installation of core and winding assemblies to fabricated tanks.
- Making internal electrical connections and terminations.
- Filling with insulation oil.
- Fitting and connecting ancillary instruments.
- To carry out all production operations in accordance with the company health & safety policy. Ensuring your personal safety and that of others working in your area.
- Prepare fabricated tanks to production priority schedule for installation of core and winding assembly. Pre-fitting of gaskets, bushings, instruments, conservator, lid, wiring bars, etc.
- Prepare core and winding assemblies for installation to fabricated tanks. Ensuring core and windings are free from damage and debris contamination, and all mechanical clamps and fixings are torque tightened to specification.
- Install core and winding assemblies to fabricated tanks. Ensuring secure slinging of core & winding assemblies and safe positioning to pre-determined dimensions inside the tank. Secure core & winding assembly in position and make internal electrical connections.
- Fill fabricated tank with insulation oil. Ensuring that core & winding assembly is totally covered within the specified period of leaving the oven stoving operation.
- Fit the transformer lid assembly and all other ancillary equipment required for test.
- Complete final assembly operations by fitting all remaining equipment, radiators, conservator, and any associated connection pipework, switches, valves, nameplates, etc.
- Ensure all quality control and customer specific documentation has been completed to specification.
- Any other reasonable request you are instructed to do that you have received adequate instruction and training to carry out.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience - not essential
- Apprentice trained in electrical / mechanical engineering.
- Experience of running and terminating cables
- Electrical test experience
- Experience of reading, understanding and interpreting electrical / mechanical drawings
- Welding, brazing, soldering experience
- Crane, slinging and lifting experience
- Fork Lift Truck licence
Salary: £10.00 p/h - £11.00 p/h
Working Hours: 2.00pm - 10.00pm and also day shift is available.
This is temporary to permanent position