|Job Ref:||204678265||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Brackley||Address:||Post Code:||NN13||Salary:||£18000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
Due to our clients continued success and growth; an extremely rare opportunity has become available within this family run business for a Trainee Instrumentation Engineer. As an important part of this very unique company who manufacture unique electronic sensors which are used world wide, you will start by familiarising yourself with all 10 of the companies core products, identifying their key components and learning how to manufacture all products within the range, whilst following and always sticking to strict processes which have been carefully perfected over time to ensure that product quality and company standards are of the highest possible calibre.|
Initially your duties will include the following:
• Picking parts for production kits.
• Print and manufacture of companies own circuit boards
• Assembly of all products within the range, some of which are very intricate, using skills such as Soldering, Crimping, Wire Stripping etc.
• Testing and fault finding of sub-components and finished products.
• Technical customer support via telephone and email.
Over a course of time the right candidate will continue to develop from the hands on experience that they have perfected and progress within the company, always expanding on their knowledge and skill set. The following responsibilities will over a period become part of the role:
• Calibration of products.
• Instrument and software tests.
• Intricate data entry and analysis
• Servicing and maintenance of Optoelectronic Instrumentation.
• World wide travel will eventually be required roughly 2 to 3 times a year to service and maintain equipment.
Although full training will be provided with this position there are some key qualities you must posses to be considered for this role which are as follows:
• A genuine interest and a basic understanding of electronics, with the ability to use associated hand tools such as screw drivers, soldering iron's, wire cutters and strippers plus more.
• A natural problem solver with an analytical mind and the ability to follow logical processes of elimination.
• The ability to follow a set of precise instructions without skipping processes
• A high level of dexterity and the patience to work with small intricate parts.
• Confidence and experience using computers and familiarity with programmes such as Windows operating systems and all Microsoft applications, in particular Excel
• Good communication skills are essential as you will be required to politely and efficiently help customers over the phone and correspond via email. Accuracy will be essential in all communication and your keen eye for technical detail will be highly regarded.
• Due to the company's rural location and lack of public transport links, it is essential that you have your own reliable transport.
• Above all you will need to have the right outlook and work ethic to become part of this small but already fantastic team who work very closely in a very happy environment.
• Someone who is flexible and can help colleagues in other departments when required will be very much valued.
This is a full time position that is initially being offered on a temporary basis, if the right candidate is identified a permanent position will be offered after a probation period. The company will offer an attractive trainee salary of £18,000 per year which will increase with progression, 21 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays and a compulsory government pension scheme will be in operation from April 2017