|Job Ref:||204678245||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ilfracombe||Address:||Post Code:||EX34||Salary:||£35000 - £39000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their growing team in Ilfracombe. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for maintaining manufacturing within quality critical areas of the factory including process, product and machinery. |
(a) Knowledge & Key Skills:
* Able to demonstrate experience in the use of Lean and Six Sigma techniques to complete process improvements.
* Good analytical skills to help drive and measure improvements.
* Able to demonstrate a broad experience of manufacturing processes and equipment.
* Able to participate in or lead teams in a multifunctional environment.
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D Drawing Package.
* Able to justify capital expenditure for improvements identified as well as PO's for equipment, tooling or gauging etc.
* Able to create FMEA's and Risk assessments to form part of the change control process.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Degree or equivalent in Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
* The ability to demonstrate competence to attain Lean 6 sigma qualification
* Experience working in a Manufacturing environment
* Demonstrable analytical ability within a manufacturing environment.
* Active participation in operational Excellence activities including Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen events.
* Key support for production lines in a vital area of the business producing quality critical product.
* Technical understanding of production, equipment and processes.
* Conduct investigations to resolve POR, COR, CAPA's and complete corrective actions.
* To maintain and create technical documentation such as Product Data Sheets, Training Instructions and Specifications pertaining to the area of expertise.
* Define and implement cost savings, process and procedural enhancements.
* Manage a budget for day to day running of the area and capital approval processes for procuring new machinery.
* Provide support to the manufacturing teams and lines