|Job Ref:||204678182||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
Up to £40,000 per annum
ASTUTE Technical are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor in Sheffield to work a variety of Utilities projects.
The Quantity Surveyor will ideally come from a Utilities background (Gas, Electric, Biogas) or at least a Civils background.
Your responsibilities will include;
* Cost control
* Maximise value and minimise future liabilities
* Maintaining quality and safety
* Improving cost efficiency
* Manage, coach and mentor an Assistant QS
* Preparation of timely and accurate financial information
* Final accounts and integrated cost forecasting
* Monitoring of insurance claims
* Recording of production
* Cash forecasting
* The analysis of costs and resolution of disputes
* Pricing additional and variations in works and providing further commercial inputs
The ideal candidate:
* Will be of strong character and able to work with challenging individuals
* Be able to get across the commercial point whilst maintaining contractor and customer relationships
* Educated to Degree level or Equivalent ((HND/HNC with substantial work experience)
* Working knowledge of JCT & NEC forms of contract
* Utilities/Engineering background (Gas/Electric/Water/Civils/M&E Engineering)
* Valid Driving License
* Member of RICS (Desirable)
Are you ready to climb the career ladder and undertake a new challenging role? Could you mentor and coach an Assistant QS? Do you have a Utilities/Civils background? Then this could be the role for you!
This is a great opportunity to join an industry leading company!
The package on offer includes an attractive starting Salary of up to £40,000 per annum (dependant on experience) plus great additional company benefits.
For more information or to apply for this position please send your cv to Kim Davis or call (Apply online only).
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK