|Job Ref:||204679419||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||New Malden||Address:||Post Code:||KT3||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:20|
Senior Networks Engineer - APEX- |
A Cisco Certified Senior Networks Engineer is required to work on a six month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in New Malden.
This is a 6 month contract with a leading UK Defence Business
Overview of the Senior Networks Engineer - APEX contract role
Working as a member of the Apex team, specialising in computer network engineering, and will undertake a variety of tasks supporting both the networks managed and maintained by Apex and associated operating infrastructure as well as supporting various projects varying in complexity from across the business.
* Developing detailed configuration designs, testing, implementation and integration plans.
* Provide detailed documentation and drawings of all work under taken and all elements of network design within an existing structured change control process.
* Implementation and delivery of complex network and associated IT infrastructure solutions within a strong and detailed Information Assured environment.
* 3rd Line on-site out-of-band and remote in-band support into key projects and services.
* Provide support for the end-to-end deployment of convergent carrier class network services.
* Thorough investigation, including leveraging both existing and emerging technology trends, to evaluate and improve products or systems.
* Follow defined engineering good practices, internal and external, as well as defined Company policies, and procedures.
Key skills required for the Senior Networks Engineer - APEX
* Verifiable and active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification; other equivalent or better Cisco Professional or Expert track Cisco qualifications acceptable (e.g. CCDP, CCIE).
* Able to quickly identify failures within systems of systems and manage fault resolution in a production environment to a successful conclusion.
* Be able to build up and document preventive and corrective maintenance procedures and processes.
* Be able to design and troubleshoot layer 2 / 3 & 7 IP networks, and able to mentor other team members in the art of troubleshooting.
* Have an in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server platforms and can apply specific platform diagnostics techniques to troubleshoot network issues.
* Have a working knowledge of FreeBSD, or other UNIX *BSD systems, and can demonstrate system administration abilities including the ability to support and configure network related configuration, ports / package building and OS deployment.
Demonstrable and testable experience in:
* Design and implementation of Data Centre, Campus and SME office architectures.
* Functional domain knowledge in MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP routing protocols.
* Be able to stand up and support VRF, MPLS, L2TP, GRE, and VSS carrier class technologies.
* Experience in the ordering, planning, and supporting ADSL, Sat-Com, 802.11 Wi-Max, and BT IP Clear carrier services.
* Virtual Private Networking including IP Security (IPsec), Certification Authority design and implementation.
* Experience with Cisco ASA, ASR, ISR G2, and 2900 series technologies. Also experience with HP Proliant platforms would be an advantage.
* Experience in configuring Active Directory domain structures including Group Policy and Security Footprint analysis.
* Experience with VMware ESXi v5+including vSphere and CLI management, Virtualised Switching, and iSCSI network attached storage.
* Experience in deploying and supporting Microsoft ForeFront Threat Management Gateway, Microsoft Server SQL, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio.
* Experience with IPSwitch What's Up Gold, Tenable Networks Nessus and L3 TRL products.
* Experience in using network management protocols, such as SNMP, SSH, SysLog, ICMP, and full packet capture and analysis techniques.
The role is based in New Malden - commutable from Hounslow, Twickenham, Kingston upon Thames, Mitcham, Croydon, Sutton, Epsom, Leatherhead, Weybridge and Staines with excellent access from London, Hampshire and Berkshire
If you are a Networks Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)