|Job Ref:||204679389||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Littlehampton||Address:||Post Code:||BN17||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:20|
Role of the Department |
The role of the Service/Installation Department is to install, service, commission, undertake warranty works and provide after sales support for all industrial systems
To manage installation projects from initiation to completion.
These are listed under separate headings and are not in priority order:
1. To carry out site surveys including the production of method statements and risk assessments.
2. To source specialist tooling requirements for Service and Install including working at height
3. To attend start up and sign off for larger projects, and attend site progress meetings
4. To assist with cost up, scheduling and implementation of key Planned Maintenance (PM) contracts
5. To carry out Active Monitoring on the install contractors and complete contractor review meetings
1. To assist with the coordination of commissioning on installation projects
2. To carry out Active Monitoring on the commissioning
3. To assist in managing the installation snags/ outstanding works in order to release commissioning certificates
4. To provide some site demonstrations and document hand over at end of commissioning
1. To manage the installation projects in terms of resources and contractor requirements
2. To manage the contractors diary.
Providing Support and Training
1. To support customer and engineer enquiries on the company and customer installations
2. To support the Service Department for remedial quotations on upgrades and minor installations
3. To organise product training for contractors particularly for new product launches
4. To liaise with customers and contractors as appropriate throughout the entire installation and commissioning process.
Administration and keeping up to date
1. To ensure installation and service requirements are up to date with current legislation and any changes
2. To manage install documents and ensure that they are kept up to date
3. To review key suppliers and new opportunities
4. To implement any new process changes i.e. electrical isolation, pressure testing
5. To conduct 6 monthly Internal audit of install processes and review contractor resource requirements
Health & Safety
1. To clarify changes in Install and Service regarding Health & Safety training
2. To ensure the training requirements of the contractors are maintained up to date.
3. To oversee the contractor Health & Safety and document matrix
This role is advertised by USP Recruitment Services who operate as an employment business. Due to the high volume of response we are not able to reply to each application but thank you for your interest in this role. Should you not hear from us within five working days it is likely on this occasion your application has not been successful