|Job Ref:||204675720||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Code:||HP11||Salary:||£26000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:19|
We have an exciting new opportunity for a technically minded person to join us as a Technician to develop, document and complete testing and approvals required for all Origin products.|
We are the UK's leading specialist manufacturer of bespoke, premium, aluminium doors, windows and blinds. Established in 2002, we have grown rapidly, and now have expanded globally including a manufacturing facility in Florida.
Technician - Primary Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the R&D team, testing and proving any solutions developed.
• Test R&D projects in a working environment and feedback appropriately.
• Prepare, deliver and witness all test specimens and document the results.
• Develop and maintain Origin's test facility.
• Design and develop test procedures to suit all products and components designed by or supplied to Origin.
The Ideal Technician will:
• Be flexible and able to prioritise a changing to do list.
• Be technically minded and an excellent problem solver.
• Be competent with hand and power tools.
• Be comfortable working in a team but also acting with autonomy.
• Be able to work with a wide range of materials including wood and aluminium.
• Be able to complete in depth reports and present clearly and accurately.
• Be articulate and good communicator.
• Be proactive and willing to help with varied requests.
The ideal Technician will:
• Good knowledge of MS Office package and Outlook.
• An understanding of UK legislation for doors and windows would be an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience of testing fenestration products and hardware is also desirable.
• Relevant qualifications and/or experience in mechanical engineering.
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 DOE
Please apply online for the Technician role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for the Technician role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable