|Job Ref:||204675349||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£40 - £43/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:38|
Nature and Scope |
Actively contributing to design reviews, safety reviews from a technical standpoint and lead HAZCOMs.
Assisting in the production of commissioning documentation, including, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and all other commissioning documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and the needs of the contract.
To supervise the subcontractors with commissioning responsibilities to ensure adequate commissioning documentation and resources are prepared prior to the commencement of commissioning activities and in line with the project commissioning plan.
To report to the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer on all commissioning related issues, progress reporting and performance of the plant and associated equipment
- Assist with the production of various operational documents for inclusion in to the operations & maintenance manuals.
- Observe and report to the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer any possible design or installation concerns during the M&E installation.
- Assist the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer in creating and reviewing various commissioning procedures, plans, training documents and method statements.
- Prepare commissioning check sheets.
- Assist the Compliance Engineer where necessary with reviewing documentation required to be submitted to SEPA for the Pollution, Prevention and Control (PPC) permit.
- Assist the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer in delivering the commissioning aspect of the project in line with the commissioning plan and commissioning programme.
- Report to the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer on progress, delays or to advise on modifications required to the programme as necessary.
- Ensure all commissioning documentation is completed in a timely manner.
Coordinate with the commissioning team to ensure the sequencing of activities and their interfaces are managed.
- Work with the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer to ensure the Planned & Preventative Maintenance is scheduled, actioned and recorded.
- Work with the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer in coordinating the clients operations staff allocated to the project and supervise their day to day activities ensuring the plant is safely operated and performing correctly.
- To action the commissioning snag list in a timely manner to meet requirements of the client and those of the Independent Certifier.
- Coordinate with the training officer to ensure client shadowing and training is programmed, developed and monitored.
- Maintain a daily diary listing the daily activities and key events that occur.
Assist the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer in creating a progress report to present at the weekly commissioning meetings with the client.
- Attend commissioning meetings with the major sub contractors on a weekly basis.
Ensure the plant is compliant at all times and report any breaches to the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer.
- Optimise the plant and equipment to ensure that the performance guarantees are met.
- Assist the Lead Process Commissioning Engineer in facilitating the plant Site
- Acceptance Tests and mitigate issues as they arise.
- Participate in the Plant Acceptance & performance tests leading in to the handover of the plant to the client and assist in creating the test documentation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Process/Chemical background. Waste water experience would be ideal.
- Experience of Anaerobic Digestion, Biogas, Chemical Dosing, Sequential Batch Reactors, Dryers, Centrifuges and associated technologies.
- Commercial awareness.
- HSE awareness and commitment to excellent safety performance
- Good time-management skills.
- Good IT skills particularly in MS Excel in creating spreadsheets, reports and data interpretations.
- Strong people & communication skills, relationship building, influencing and collaborative work style developed through working in complex and team-focused environments.
- Relevant CSCS Card Holder
- Essential: One day Safety Passport or Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) CITB
- Preferable: First Aider, Confined space trained