|Job Ref:||204675348||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£37000 - £45000/annum £45,000 plus benefits||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:38|
Job Title: MANUFACTURING PROJECT ENGINEER|
Location: BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Salary: £37,000 to £45,000, plus benefits
Duration: This is a 9 month contract position initially
Our client is looking for an experienced manufacturing project engineer, to help with the upgrading and updating of manufacturing machinery and processes.
To complete engineering projects by organising and controlling all aspects of the project elements from conception to implementation.
Working with Project Stakeholders, engineers and staff and/or engineering contractors to fulfil this role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Confirm with Stakeholders expectations and define the project specifications through analysis of the design, customer requirements, performance expectations and costs.
• Identifying project phases and elements; assigning or requesting personnel to phases and elements; reviewing vendor quotations, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
• Plan, agree and adhere to project schedules and costs in order to achieve the specification to the project sponsors and stakeholders agreed expectations. Including the engagement of contractors and project costs.
• Create and construct project files, specification documents. Collate and submit project feasibility studies, justifications, specifications and requests for quotation procurement. Budget compilation and prepare required documentation to secure capital expenditure budgets.
• Complete projects safely, on time, in full and to budget.
• Ensure projects, where appropriate, adhere to both European Regulations & Standards and company safety standards.
• Control project cost by raising and processing purchase requisitions and invoices as required and updating budget and expenditure records.
• To design plant and machine systems, produce functional descriptions of operation and produce detailed drawing sets in AutoCAD or Solidworks.
• To maintain compliance with technical standards, internal and external audits.
• Attend meetings as required and prepare reports, survey and analysis papers as required.
• Liaise with contractors and organise external resources and labour as required.
• To read, interpret, modify and update engineering drawings.
• To provide support to determine the costs of proposed capital budgets to support the 10 year plan.
• Identify potential areas of saving within the business.
• Identify potential areas of improvement within the business.
• We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer.
• NA Electrical and Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or HNC and HND Engineering or City and Guilds (Mech/Elect/Hydraulic and pneumatic)
• Experience with AutoCad or SolidWorks.
• MS Project or project planning tools.
• Good aptitude for problem solving.
• Able to develop and integrate machinery.
• From an OEM machine design and build background.
• Mechanical Engineer who is strong on Pneumatics and Hydraulics.
• Would suit someone who has designed and built automated high speed production machinery.
• Someone who has designed jigs and fixtures for a toolroom or automotive background.
• Able to look at a problem, design the equipment, put it into production and fit it.
• Salary £37,000 to £45,000 plus benefits.
• Stable and growing Company
To apply for this position please send your CV and in complete confidence by following the APPLY NOW button on the website or email your CV to clayton(@)proactiverecruitment .co .uk or call Clayton Cruise on 0121. 251. 8713 / 07968. 780. 941.
Clayton Cruise - Award winning Engineering Recruiter
1998 - 2016 Celebrating 18 years experience in Engineering Recruitment including founding and heading up Proactive Recruitment Solutions since 2003.
Why work with me?
Unlike most recruiters who work all types of jobs; I have for the past 18 years worked within the engineering sector and have placed over 1,000 people during that time.
I understand engineering extremely well and will not discuss roles with you that do not meet your criteria or your abilities.
What does my support cost?
It costs you nothing for my support, I generate my income by charging companies rather than candidates for my support.
What other roles do I have that may suit you?
Most of the companies that I work with work with me on an exclusive basis, so by registering with me it will enable you to gain access to engineering roles that other agencies do not have.
What to do next?
To start the ball rolling all you need to do is email your CV to me. I will be back in touch with you to discuss what you are looking for and job opportunities that I have that match what you are looking for. So what are you waiting for