|Job Ref:||204675081||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Warwick||Address:||Post Code:||CV34||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:18|
Job Title: Body Repair Technical Author|
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30am
Department: Workshop Information
Reporting to: Workshop Information Team Manager
* To create 'best practice' body repair procedures and the accurate application of associated body repair and paint times.
* To develop and author body repair procedures for inclusion in the workshop repair manual in both illustrative and written form; from the utilisation of CAD information, and authored to defined customer publication standards at all times.
* This responsibility carries across the following workshop information deliverables; Body Repair Manual, Schedule Repair Operation (SRO) paint times, Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)'s, Update Prior To Sale (UPS) and any necessary updates to support TOPIX / Hotline Feedback Cases.
* Research and develop structural body repair procedures on prototype & pre-production built vehicles as per customer requirement guidelines.
* Work with the customer to review component serviceability levels and make sure components are serviced to the correct level.
* Work with the customer and the special service tool supplier to provide technical support and advice for development of new and / or revised special tools, ensuring they work and function as designed and not over engineered.
* Validate and identify process improvements on current published 'Remove and Install' procedures for all agreed body repair level components.
* Develop structural Body Repair procedures using only CAD based software packages (wherever possible)
* Ability to convert technical engineering content and author in clear and concise English in accordance with customer authoring standards / guidelines. In doing so, applying terminology guidelines at all times.
* Obtain Engineering sign off for all body repair procedure deliverables.
* Escalate any Engineering sign off issues to the applicable Technical Lead for review, discussion and resolution.
* To ensure all Project Trackers for those actively involved projects are kept updated and accurate to reflect project statuses at all times.
* To be a proactive team member in maintaining the best housekeeping standards in both the office and workshop areas at all times.
* Follow all designated vehicle cleanliness and all other related procedures.
* Follow and adhere to Health and Safety Policies, in particular within the workshop. All procedures validated must be carried out in accordance with Health and Safety procedures.
* Extensive Body repair experience, with a strong technical background.
* IT and computer literate, ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently. Must have experience in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software.
* Experience in working individually, within a team, and communicating effectively with the customer (previous experience working in a customer facing role).
* Capable of managing and prioritising workload and working to tight deadlines (in some instances being flexible in working hours if / when required)
* Experience in body repair joining technology and processes.
* Appropriate qualifications with excellent verbal and written English skills.
* Capable of working remotely on customer site.
* Full / Clean Driving Licence