|Job Ref:||204674851||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Warwickshire||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£0.00 - £500/hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 02:18|
Performance, Efficiency & Driveability Engineer|
The PED (Performance, Efficiency and Driveability) Core Team is part of a key attribute department within JLR - PED. The PED Attribute team is one of the key Vehicle Attribute teams within JLR covering Performance, Economy and Performance Feel & Driveability attributes. The main purpose of the PED team is to establish the high level attribute targets, generate a robust target cascade and then manage and validate the delivery of these targets through to Job 1. The PED Core Team is a new team of Subject Matter Experts covering Performance, Driveability, Fuel Economy, Coastdown, Benchmarking, Test and Integration Engineers.
The primary function of the role is to plan, coordinate and conduct physical test activities relating to Performance Testing, Performance Feel & Driveability and Fuel Economy testing and provide post test data analysis and report writing. Testing is track, road and dyno based. Secondary function is to develop measurement and facility capability and build the team to be a centralised core of expertise, providing support to the PED PAT team and wider business.
* To conduct or support vehicle level objective benchmark testing on JLR and competitor vehicles for performance, performance feel and driveability and Fuel Economy.
* To process and analyse measured test data and publish recommendations based on the findings
* To support the generation of presentations, evidence data and related gateway submission packs and maintain key departmental reporting documentation as required.
* To liaise with key interfacing departments (e.g. PiVA CAE team, EMS calibration, Base Engines, Trans' Calibration, Vehicle Engineering, APC, etc) as required to report status, request CAE or test work, verify sub-system level status, etc.
* Provide input to continual capability improvements to JLR with respect to PED related tools and processes.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
-Motivation and resourcefulness, to be able to operate without direction
-Good communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to network across a wide number of departments and champion the attribute, influence key strategy stake holders and achieve consensus on process improvements where required
-An understanding of 6-sigma data analysis tools
-An understanding or appreciation of CAE tools in particular related to FE/CO2 or emissions prediction would be of benefit
-A proactive and tenacious approach
-Good problem solving and data analysis skills using Excel and dedicated tools
-Knowledge and understanding in vehicle and engine performance/economy development and EMS/Transmission calibration Good knowledge of MS office applications (incl Powerpoint)
-Some experience in physical test activities, data processing, manipulation and graphical presentation and an interest and willingness to develop these skills further
-The ability to work within a team and network effectively across a wide number of departments
-An interest and awareness of JLR competitive environment, particularly in relation to the PED Attributes
-Experience and interest in continuous process improvement, a good understanding of product development systems and some experience in writing requirements, procedures and DVMs.
-Some experience in project management
If you would like to know more then please get in touch - call Jo on (Apply online only), and send your CV This is an urgent vacancy and interviews will be taking place early next week.
Rates will be entirely dependant on skill set but will be competitive taking into account the location and the type of work you will be working on.
Amoria Bond operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
About Amoria Bond
Amoria Bond are a specialist recruitment business focused on delivering highly experienced and reputable contractors to some of the world's largest organisations.
As a contractor working through Amoria Bond we can offer:
* Flexible payment terms including weekly or monthly pay options.
* First time contractor support. If you are new to contracting we can help you get set up as a limited company or point you in the direction of reputable umbrellas partners.
* Accommodation sourcing support. If you are staying away from home we can assist you in finding a place to stay at a lower cost.
* IR35 friendly contracts so you have peace of mind.
* Free support and advice to help you with your job search.
* Full interview support including a pre-interview call with a specialist consultant and coaching on interview tips and techniques.
Amoria Bond operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age or experience, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age or experience for this role