Permanent, Canary Wharf, E14 5LQ|
This is a permanent full time role (working 37.5 hours per week) and on offer will be a competitive salary and company car.
This role will report into the Business Development Manager / Director.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- The Bid Manager will be responsible for developing and submitting completed bids to both existing and prospective clients on time and to the highest quality standard. You will ensure that all the client's questions have been answered, reflect the agreed bid strategy, our proposed operational solution and the customer requirements/
- A key member of the team, you will typically work under the Business Development Director / Manager (BDD / BDM) for an individual bid, leading all day to day aspects of the submission. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management skills in a dynamic sales environment.
- You will work on bids that offer clients a range services including technical maintenance, facilities management, cleaning, security customer services, property and energy solutions. The total contract values are typically between £2m and £200m
- Proven capability of project managing the delivery of work winning, multi-million pound product or complex services opportunities. This includes the ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Self motivated/ self reliant and able to work without constant direction and guidance
- Good team worker, reliable and able to rapidly establish a high degree of trust, rapport and gain co-operation from the bid team
- Strong attention to detail; maintaining high standards for delivery, quality and accuracy
- Confident and articulate in all communications i.e. face-to-face, telephone and written communications
- Ability to coordinate and write the production of a wide range of bid documentation including executive summaries, method statement, responses to bid questions etc.
- Confidence to deal with all levels of management seniority up to MD / main board directors and the ability to adapt communication and messages to different audiences
- Demonstrates strong commercial acumen and ability to gather information to support commercial decisions
- Management of internal governance procedures
- Highly competent in MS Office software and relevant tools such as Project, Visio, etc.
- Management experience in the FM or BPO outsourcing industry
- Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery