|Job Ref:||EMP375260||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Utilities||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Ham||Address:||Salary:||£35 - £45/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:31|
A major client in the Transmission & Distribution industry are looking for an experience electrical design engineer to join the department due to a rise in workloads.|
132kv Substation Experience
Responsible for producing electrical engineering designs on NAMP and Connection projects. These designs will be developed from scopes provided by CP Delivery team, Asset Management or Connections. They will include project costings to customer requirements for time, quality and budget.
The designer will liaise with the Project Manager, CDMC, internal and external designers and all others involved in the design process, ensuring full compliance with Statutory regulations and relevant UKPN standards for designs for all customers.
• Production of Electrical Designs that can be constructed in compliance with standards and CDM 2015 requirements
• Produce effective designs, which conform to all relevant Codes of Practice and company and industry standards (for all designs relevant to LPN Sub-stations), in conjunction with Civil Design.
• Oversee and contribute to the production of technical, commercial and contractual documents for procurement of engineering products
• Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and company procedures.
• Compliance with design assurance and audit processes
• Supporting and mentoring other members of the team to enhance their technical knowledge and experience.
• Preparation of tenders and quotations, from specifications and drawings within defined periods.
• Provide an excellent service to the customer.
• Work as a Team Player in a dedicated team of Designers
• Complying with the requirements of the designer role as determined by the CDM Regulations 2015
• Ensure design eliminates any hazards which may give rise to risks; and reduce risks from any remaining hazards (in conjunction with CDM)
• Ensure designs provide sufficient information about aspects of the design of the structure or its construction or maintenance as will adequately assist clients, the CDM team, other designers and contractors
• Coordinate the design with other disciplines
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• A strong electrical engineering background and experience in electrical engineering. Knowledge of power system and protection design at 132KV, 33KV, 11KV and intermediate voltages
• Competence in resolving a significant range of technical power engineering issues and in providing technical advice; a sound understanding of company standards and policies and their application to this role. Awareness of current and technological developments in distribution plant and equipment.
• Experience in design coordination across all disciplines will be a desired skill
• Ability to work with Alliance Partners, external engineering organisations and customers/stakeholders representing UKPN to best effect.
• A good safety culture and sound understanding of Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations and their application in this role.
• Ability to work unsupervised, set and comply with own targets, and identify and implement innovative cost saving solutions.
• Good team working skills
• A good level of business, environmental, safety, financial, and regulatory awareness;
• A general appreciation of financial reporting systems;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft desktop applications, in particular: Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint;
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and/or Micro station
• Strong interpersonal skills, and be competent in written and oral communications.
• Working towards or being qualified to a Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer Status (via HNC/HND or degree in electrical engineering) with proven relevant experience.
• Knowledge of HV substation design would be desirable