the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Global 7000/8000 Operations Department has an immediate opening for a Methods Engineer. The Methods Engineer will operate as an interface between all functional departments within the company and key external suppliers.
In your role, you will:
- Identify advanced manufacturing improvement opportunities, conduct new technology automation and tooling studies, business case and option analyses and make optimization recommendations for management review
- Develop high level manufacturing integration concepts, design/ build ROM estimates and technical requirements documents to meet program methods aircraft assembly requirements for any automation and tooling solution that optimizes the process and/or holds, moves or allows people to work on aircraft components
- Define manufacturing systems integration critical path including performance criteria and propose service delivery models and solutions to meet Program objectives.
- Project manage and coordinate the implementation of the solution; including technical contract oversight, design acceptance, status reporting, budget and schedule management
- Control, monitor and integrate all aspects of the work center to support final decision making for the manufacturing environment including; assembly choreography, digital mock up, site layouts, 3D modeling and simulation
- Contribute to, assess and support the development and maintenance of a center of excellence for Toronto for leading edge manufacturing systems technology capability, including partnering with Government and Industry Associations to leverage Research & Development opportunities
- Conduct process analysis and modeling using work streams, simulation, critical path, network diagrams, feasibility studies, and line balancing
- Engage in work execution planning
- Develop a new standard of ancillary tools for production. Implement a tool control system to monitor tool purchasing, deployment and cost, as well as, maintenance and calibration activities
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a Degree/diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering.
- You have working knowledge of cost accounting and cost estimating
- You have proven ability to manage projects working in cross functional teams
- You possess a sound understanding of basic engineering principles as they relate to tooling, work study, process analysis and resource planning
- You have knowledge of applying lean manufacturing techniques
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have knowledge of CATIA V4/V5, ENOVIA V5, DELMIA, AutoCAD and metrology software
- You have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and SAP
- You have intermediate knowledge of CNC/G Code programming
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.