the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Achieve the required Operations Unit performance by supporting and implementing the operating plan ensuring adherence to safety, quality, cost and schedule.
- Supervise Union employees in their execution of responsibilities as defined by Bombardier Manufacturing Systems for Material Planning and Material Handling.
- Plan, implement and control functional activities in order to achieve the Operations Unit targets.
- Continuously improve business processes to ensure best practice in quality, cost and labour relations;
- Coach/develop and provide feedback to employees and address their issues, to ensure true engagement within the team.
- Utilize Bombardier Lean Methodology to ensure best practice in both quality and cost for Operations Unit deliverables in line with Bombardier's strategic vision
- Promote a 'Safety first' environment by achieving housekeeping standards (5'S) and adherence to working practices.
- Ensure functional role is integrated into Operations Unit resulting in a one-team approach.
- Develop a 'right first time' environment to ensure Quality is built into the product not inspected into it.
- WEEKEND SHIFT POSITION
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- You must possess post-secondary degree/diploma in technical discipline and a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Supervisory role in a Manufacturing environment
- You must have Lean, Six Sigma tools involving the shop floor processes
- You must have in depth knowledge and experience working in an environment that utilizes KPI's
- You must have previous experience working in a unionized environment (knowledge of the Collective Agreement)
- You must have high-level customer oriented approach with the desire to provide excellent service
- Experience in Aerospace, Automotive and/or heavy manufacturing will be an asset
- You must possess the following: ethics, integrity and honesty; respect for others; cooperation; motivation to get things done; ability to express ideas logically and coherently; positive attitude; ability to overcome obstacles; assumes full responsibility; utilizes the appropriate resources to solve day-to-day problems; reacts quickly to unforeseen events.
- You must be flexible and able to work various shifts, including weekends
- You may be required to work rotating shifts
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.