CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST |
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CATB01193299
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Thunder Bay, you will identify improvement opportunities and apply business process improvement techniques, such as Business
Planning, Lean Manufacturing and Practical Problem Solving as well as Six Sigma, to assess, improve and govern the operational performance of all Continuous Improvement projects at the site. Support Operations in the introduction of improved processes and implement Company and site initiatives such as SCIP (Site Continuous Improvment Plan) and Operational Excellence elements.
In your role you will:
- Facilitate PPS, kaizen events and improvement workshops. Providing Lean principles and 5 training as required. Introduce best BT and industry practices to site operations;
- Create value stream and process maps and apply them to identify and implement improvement opportunities;
- Lead significant improvement projects, co-ordinate with other functions (e.g. Engineering, Methods, Facilities, Procurement, Inventory, Production) to ensure successful project completion;
- Monitor and verify the success of all CI projects;
- Lead Operational Excellence implementation on the site related to the SCIP. Produce Implementation plans, deliver training and monitor progress;
- Establish process cycle times, rebalance workstations and activities to ensure cycle time meets Takt time. Create and explain workplace visuals.
As our ideal candidate:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at NA
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Quality/Continuous Improvement field or diploma in Manufacturing Technology;
- You possess solid understanding of the application of Practical Problem Solving, Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen methodology;
- You cumulate a minimum of five (5) years of relative experience in process improvement and experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment;
- You have change management experience;
- You Have participated in or conducted Kaizen or PPS sessions on improvement projects;
- Your experience in the Bombardier Manufacturing System, SAP and Six Sigma will be considered an asset;
- Your English communication skills are excellent.
Your ideas move people.
the evolution of mobility