|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKDY01208365||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||14/10/2016 22:03|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.|
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based at our depot in Etches Park, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Field Maintenance Engineer (m/f).
The Field Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that trains are safe to operate in compliance with the Operators' Safety Cases, industry standards and applicable legislation. Will be required to identify and implement safe, cost effective, containments and countermeasures to identified product safety and reliability issues; The Field Maintenance Engineer will also be expected to undertake work streams to improve the product and deliver customer Variation Orders to improve the margin of the contract. Will support day to day depot operations by resolving Production issues and fitness to run decisions.
• Within the defined group of systems, lead all aspects of train safety from accurate reporting of safety issues to on time implementation of counter-measures
• Use Bombardier project management key processes to plan and implement changes (change management, planning, risks and opportunities management)
• Support the depot to resolve operational issues and arbitrate fitness to run decisions
• Support the project reliability manager to implement containments and counter-measures on identified key reliability failure modes
• Lead improvement projects to reduce train maintenance and operation cost
• Implement customer variation orders, train presentation / customer ambience improvements
Closing date: 12.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37
Your ideas move people.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!